Our pets

Sorry to hear of your pain Luke. I have no desire for or time of pets TBH, but I am able to see from those around me how real is the love.

Beach? Woodstown?

If so our paths have probably crossed...

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this news, Luke. All the best to you and your family.

EC1 was devastated when he lost his cat a year or two ago. He hasn't posted much after that. Let's hope Alan is okay.

Sorry to hear of your pain Luke. I have no desire for or time of pets TBH, but I am able to see from those around me how real is the love.

Beach? Woodstown?

If so our paths have probably crossed...

I was never a dog person but when your 4 year Old daughter asks you for a dog for Christmas it is very hard to say no.Same daughter arrived home from University last Friday to learn that the end was close -that was emotional.
Woodstown is a fine beach but nothing beats Tramore at 6:30during the morning -Nice walk on the beach followed by a visit to the Seagull Bakery -the best in Ireland.

Just want to say thanks to everyone for your support.Last Saturday I was a basket case but we all sat down as a family and had a bit of craic which was a big help.I knew that a positive mental attitude was vitally important -the brain can play tricks on you.By Wednesday I was concentrating on how proud I was of the life we gave Lucky and a million happy memories.Gone but not forgotten.
Thanks everyone.

I was never a dog person but when your 4 year Old daughter asks you for a dog for Christmas it is very hard to say no.Same daughter arrived home from University last Friday to learn that the end was close -that was emotional.
Woodstown is a fine beach but nothing beats Tramore at 6:30during the morning -Nice walk on the beach followed by a visit to the Seagull Bakery -the best in Ireland.

Love the Tramore beach and the seagull bread too, Luke.

The odd morning at Woodstown horse boxes would pull up around 7.30AM - and Henry would be there soon after. I was once there with a brother watching Honeysuckle and APT canter then have a splash among the oyster beds. Them's the days.

Love the Tramore beach and the seagull bread too, Luke.

The odd morning at Woodstown horse boxes would pull up around 7.30AM - and Henry would be there soon after. I was once there with a brother watching Honeysuckle and APT canter then have a splash among the oyster beds. Them's the days.

Henry is very approachable and would chat away to you-sound man.

Has anyone ever had a dog with a nail bed infection? We took Winnie for quite a long walk the other weekend when we were in Northumberland and when we got back one toe was swollen. Took her to the vet the next day and she’s been on antibiotics ever since. Now back in Derby and I’m taking her to my vets to get more antibiotics. Although it looks a lot better she has a black lump on the base of the nail bed and I’m scared that it’s something sinister. I did ( I think) mention the possibility of it being something other than just an infection and I think he said it was unlikely as it’s quite rare ( I can’t remember the whole conversation as I was mostly concerned about the long term affect of antibiotics). She’s my world but I seem to be very unlucky when it comes to my dogs even though I try so hard to do what’s best for them. I don’t really have a vet that I have faith in these days, especially since they all seem to be taken over by large concerns these days. She isn’t at all lame and doesn’t appear to be in pain. Thankfully, as a sighthound she seems quit happy to sleep 99% of the time!

Back