What are you watching

A friend who is a pretty savvy business consultant did try his hardest to get it quashed but they wouldn’t bend, and he’s a tough cookie. I will pm you the details tomorrow.

Durty buggers...

Anyroads, we're only two weeks into the new year and I'm on my first viewing of Red River. Probably the first of six or seven for the year.

I watch it almost as often as I do Where Eagles Dare (which I watched twice more in December).

Never tire of them.

Love, love, love Where Eagles Dare. Never tire of watching it. Broadsword.......

Currently on half day trying for 15th time to load saddle on to selling site - everytime I get so far in they want something else I don't have to hand/know - and The Desert Rats 1953 on...using real footage as well in the action scenes. These kind of films are classics and much underappreciated. Compulsive viewing on Saturday tea times back in the day.

Last edited:
Well they clearly did but just decided to cover it up for their own purposes. Otherwise they would have to admit that the software was faulty. Easier to bully the little guy...that’s what big corporations do.

I am currently going through an extremely long case regarding business rates, valuation office etc. It didn’t matter how much I explained to multiple admin staff in the council offices, they just didn’t care about me as an individual. It’s been going on nearly as long as the PO and I threw everything at it. So I pay them £10/month. The ironic thing is that were I trading now, I would not be liable for business rates for the size of my business. But they don’t care. I am merely a name in a file who they have as a bad debt.

You're very unlucky as I work for a council and we write off left, right and centre. It's an outrage. We have one legal bod trying to do everything, he can't, the accounts can only do so much without weight of law behind us. You would not believe what and why is written off or credited back. Recently retail centre didn't/wasn't able to collect all the rents, so wrote to us to ask for 12% credit....head of commercial, who's total waste of space, said yes. £63,000. Head of Finance asked me why... I said I did try and protest but.... anything happened? No course not. And that's one example only. Going to write a book if ever manage to find another job.

Re the Post Office scandal, the old rag 'Computer Weekly' was writing about flaws in the Horizon system (probably) 20 years ago. I think this is where Private Eye's interest in the story first emerged. It's an utter disgrace that it was actively allowed to drag on for so long, when all the danger signs were there from the beginning.

Watching season 6 of the Crown.

I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons but from 3 onwards it has increasingly moved from historical fact into the deranged wanderings of some writers mind.

Season 6 is farcical. If I hadn't watched all the rest I would be switching off.

Watching season 6 of the Crown.

I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons but from 3 onwards it has increasingly moved from historical fact into the deranged wanderings of some writers mind.

Season 6 is farcical. If I hadn't watched all the rest I would be switching off.

The poorest season by far.

Not watched any of it.

But I got sucked into watching the Traitors and it really became addictive....great final last night.

Not watched any of it.

But I got sucked into watching the Traitors and it really became addictive....great final last night.

Mrs O started watching it last night.

Said it started promisingly but she gave up early in the second one saying it was too shouty/hysterical.

I didn’t find it like that but then I missed the first two episodes! The winner this series was v clever!

Binge watching all of Simon Reeves series. Marvelling at the fact that I can travel the world from the comfort of my sofa. I started off with Cornwall, nodded off, woke up in Ireland, currently in Russia.

I see that David Mitchell’s Outsiders is on BBC2 on Tuesday at 9pm. Not sure if it’s a new series or if the BBC are just showing the episodes that were on Dave. I’ve never really taken to Taskmaster which it’s been likened to but I really liked Outsiders when I saw an episode of it.

I see that David Mitchell’s Outsiders is on BBC2 on Tuesday at 9pm. Not sure if it’s a new series or if the BBC are just showing the episodes that were on Dave. I’ve never really taken to Taskmaster which it’s been likened to but I really liked Outsiders when I saw an episode of it.
Well, the episode I saw on Dave must have been a good one but the one I watched last night on BBC was awful.

Mrs O and Orchidette convinced me to watch Derry Girls at one point during the course of last year.

I managed to stick with it through the first series but gave up.

Too much swearing for my liking and everything just a wee bit OTT, which outweighed, imo, any cleverness in it.

Yours sincerely,

Grumpy Old Prude.

Re the Post Office scandal, the old rag 'Computer Weekly' was writing about flaws in the Horizon system (probably) 20 years ago. I think this is where Private Eye's interest in the story first emerged. It's an utter disgrace that it was actively allowed to drag on for so long, when all the danger signs were there from the beginning.

PE's last issue was tremendous.

Mrs O and Orchidette convinced me to watch Derry Girls at one point during the course of last year.

I managed to stick with it through the first series but gave up.

Too much swearing for my liking and everything just a wee bit OTT, which outweighed, imo, any cleverness in it.

Yours sincerely,

Grumpy Old Prude.
My wife grew up in Belfast during the time covered in Derry Girls and described it as scarely accurate. Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Dear England, on at various cinemas for the next couple of months. It loses a little on the screen rather than theatre setting but in a couple of places gains a little from cameras being able to get in close. Go and see it!!My manager, who 'hates' football, loved it.

My wife grew up in Belfast during the time covered in Derry Girls and described it as scarely accurate. .

I could definitely believe that.

I went to an all-boys Catholic school and the Catholic girls' school was a couple of hundred yards down the road. However,we did share the contract bus to and from so mixed to some extent on the bus.

Thinking back, it's probably fair to say there was a lot of repressed hormonal activity in evidence so a lot of the Derry Girls humour I did get.

On a totally different issue, last night I eventually got round to watching Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. I had recorded it quite a while back but held back on watching it because that's what I tend to do with films that get a lot of publicity when they come out.

As the level of swearing increased I wanted to turn it off but curiosity kept getting the better of me to see how it unravelled.

Did I like it? I'm not sure.

Would I watch it again? Maybe, in a year or two.

Will I delete the recording? Maybe not. It's maybe a film I could enjoy more knowing how it develops.

This is not unlike Hidden Numbers. It took me a while to get round to watching it, partly because of the hype and partly because I'm not a great Kevin Costner fan but it is a thoroughly enjoyable film. I've now watched it twice and can see me watching it again some time soon.

Saw Three Billboards at the cinema and loved it. Then again I love anything that Frances MacDermand is in. I don’t mind swearing in things: not many people can swear more than I do. What I don’t like is someone swearing or being crude to get a laugh when they’re not being remotely funny which is what they did in Outsiders.I keep meaning to watch Derry Girls. I did see one episode and loved it.

Durty buggers...

Anyroads, we're only two weeks into the new year and I'm on my first viewing of Red River. Probably the first of six or seven for the year.

I watch it almost as often as I do Where Eagles Dare (which I watched twice more in December).

Never tire of them.

Watched another one this afternoon that I never tire of: Ice Cold in Alex

Snowfall. BBC Player. Mix between Narcos and Top Boy. 6 seasons, only on ep 2 so far but really good.

Last edited:
To cut a long story short, I 100% stumbled across one on BBC iplayer today.

A 1939 film called 'Love Affair'.

I'll say no more. If you watch it you'll know what I mean

If not you're a lost soul :)

Last edited:
Back