Semi finals

Agree it a difficult choice tonight,I've retricted my bets to -

argentina to win 1-0
draw h/t - argentina f/t
scorecast 1-0 Messi

just cant warm to Holland, maybe its the memory of the last world cup final.

They were getting criticism before the qtr's for players always looking for Messi rather than taking responsibility, some reports going as far as saying Messi was in control of the team not the manager.

I agree they played more like of a team v Belgium but I was not impressed enough to be confident they are clicking into gear like the Germans did.

Struggling to find a bet, BTTS is a bit skinny but maybe a couple of anytime scorers but only really like Sneijder 4/1 or Higuain 13/5...

I could do with a Messi bagging a brace or more to help my pre-tourn bets but expecting the worst.

To be fair Eamon, nobody could have predicted the way the Germans clicked last night, they had shown nothing to suggest it in previous games, so maybe it was a Brazilian capitulation.

2-0 tonight Messi both goals:)

What is wrong with Demichelis? He's very good, and was a big reason City did well.

The most striking thing so far is the near total absence of yellow shirts in the crowd.

There isn't much in this match, is there?

I still can't find a bet worth taking but fancy Argentina to edge it. I've been struggling to see all through the competition how Martins Indi gets a game at club football let alone international level. I think if Argentina focus on getting by him they can get something.

Robben has been very quiet.

It's one of those games where a brilliant pass or move or a defensive error could prove crucial.

Interesting too that Holland are doubling up on Messi. Iirc, Neil Lennon attributed Celtic's win over Barcelona to leaving Messi alone, not marking him, just closing all his options when he had the ball. Maybe that was because he didn't think the Celtic players were good enough to mark Messi.

This is some really weak shite but the Dutch are truly subterranean. I agree with Hamm can't see the Germans being bothered by either of these two.

This World Cup has gone from being only behind 82 and 86 in my experience to just being another average one. The knockout games have been largely awful.

At least the NFL is only a couple of months away.
amen

think my interest in association football has dwindled to the point where i can barely hold an interest unless i've punted on it. luckily i punt on football more than any other sport. 20+ years of watching the sport intently has served me well.

amen

think my interest in association football has dwindled to the point where i can barely hold an interest unless i've punted on it. luckily i punt on football more than any other sport. 20+ years of watching the sport intently has served me well.

I feel pretty much done with club football at this point. Maybe a decent CL game would get me going but the PL is too corporate and with the rip off prices you may as well be supporting Starbucks as Man United.

Pile of shite, tactical genius, my arse.

Kuyt on the left touchline, either passed it back inside or gave it away.

Huntelaar on the field yet Vlar takes the first penno.

What a waste of 2.75 hours.

Holland had a few chances late on but I felt overall Argentina marginally shaded the game and deserved to go through. At least the penalty decider was emphatic.

The final should be really good. Might go to penalties again!

Back