New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome both. Grassy is going to have loads in common with Flaggers. Flat fan who lives in the same road as Bruce Millington

Hi all newbie here. Been following this site for a few years. Fell in love with nh racing from an early age when my dear old grandad put on 5p bets for me in the early 80s. First horse i fell in love with was a horse called ekbalco who was sadly killed i think. From and live in Edinburgh follow heart of midlothian.

Hi all newbie here. Been following this site for a few years. Fell in love with nh racing from an early age when my dear old grandad put on 5p bets for me in the early 80s. First horse i fell in love with was a horse called ekbalco who was sadly killed i think. From and live in Edinburgh follow heart of midlothian.

Welcome
Just so you know I wasn't ignoring you, I did reply to your email a week ago but it must have gone in your junk mail or something, when you emailed yesterday I just activated the account as presumed you weren't getting the emails :)

'ello all. I did a google for racing forums after Cheltenham and this place may have been the least strange (in terms of access) of the lot, while having a decent community. Typical of horsey people though, everything their own way. :confused:

About once a year I become interested in a big festival, have a few drinks, have a few bets, then fall away once it's over. Seeing as I've tried every other hobby under the sun I figured I'd have a go at keeping this one up, so I'll see if it lasts. I used to ride as a kid, and my first bets were as a eight/nine/ten year old putting fifty p each way on a horse at a Point to Point, mostly losing my can of coke money. Not much seems to have changed since then, including stake size although betting frequency has probably increased. Also, there's fewer grown ups likely to take pity on me and hand me another pound for sweets. I fell out of horses (ponies) when I was, very rudely I have to say, told I was expected to look after them as well. This included mucking out, cleaning the tack, saddling them myself, giving them a brush after, and absolutely far too much work for not enough fun for a grouchy soon-to-be teenager.

Like I said, I've kept up my losing ways, but I've been doing a lot of reading over the past two weeks. I've a growing spreadsheet at this point, that I'm putting into an SQL database for potential future use. I might post my uninspired picks, if I can find the right thread. Be gentle, and don't say I didn't warn you on the likely outcome.

Hi Fifty P, and welcome to the forum. There’s no finer sport, and there’s a good bunch of people on here to chew the fat with, so don’t feel shy airing your views or asking for advice.

Hello everyone , I’m new here to talking horses looks great! Cheers !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,
I am a newbie from Germany. My focus will obviously be on the international races, like the Arc, Japan Cup etc. My English will probably not be the best, but you should understand me somehow :)

Very welcome all. Don't hold back - we are far too nice and sterile these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back