Jockey News

Been my favourite jump jockey for a good while now, he’s just been wonderful to watch.

Long may that head cam footage from Aintree continue to change the minds of people who say jockeys don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s awful when jockeys have to retire before they’re ready to do so: unsettling mentally as much as physically. I wish him well for the future.

How many short priced favs 7 (since Capulet" does Ryan Moore have to mess up on before Aiden says it's time to go.

I am seriously thinking of having one of the biggest bets of my life and then retiring from big betting AGAIN!!!:)on City of Troy but the man on board worries me.

Last edited:
Emotional win for Andrea Atzeni at Randwick yesterday -he won the Sydney Cup and as soon as he got off the horse he made a beeline for the father of Stefano Cherchi. Emotionall stuff -as I often say Aussie racing is different class.

Last edited:
Emotional win for Andrea Atzeni at Randwick yesterday -he won the Sydney Cup and as soon as he got off the horse he made a beeline for the father of Stefano Cherchi. Emotionall stuff -as I often say Aussie racing is different class.
Thanks Francesca!

Ryan has had one or two too far back recently. Maybe under instructions to do so. He went through a wee bad patch over a year ago but I'm sure when it comes to the big races he will deliver. Doubt coolmore could get someone as good to replace. Maybe marquand but doubt he'd do it.

Last edited:
I believe I am right in saying Paul Townend needs around 20 winners to catch up with Ruby Walsh's career total.

Considering he is only 33 and has more than a couple of seasons left in the saddle he could end up wiping the board with Ruby and knocking him off that GOAT pedestal.

The confidence he gives you when the money is down is uncanny...many times I have thought he's beat then he surprises me as he has a ton in hand. Coolest jockey I have ever seen

His uncle Pat Healy was as good and stylish a p2p jockey as I have seen. Of slight build, he had a flat jockey's style riding over fences and was hugely successful . Paul rode a winner for us as an apprentice on Espartano at Leopardstown, shooting up the inside when everyone else came wide. Banned from racing after refusing too often, Espartano was sent flapping and began the career of one Jack Kennedy; educating him to get the best out of Labaik, a habitual refuser, to win his first Festival race.

His uncle Pat Healy was as good and stylish a p2p jockey as I have seen. Of slight build, he had a flat jockey's style riding over fences and was hugely successful . Paul rode a winner for us as an apprentice on Espartano at Leopardstown, shooting up the inside when everyone else came wide. Banned from racing after refusing too often, Espartano was sent flapping and began the career of one Jack Kennedy; educating him to get the best out of Labaik, a habitual refuser, to win his first Festival race.
Was he previously trained by Prescott.

I am not here to knock Bryony Frost she's far from being my fav jockey but she's not the worst. BUT have the double greens lost their minds? The Daryl Jacob UK, the Paul Towend Ireland? No way is she in that league....must be a shortage of top class pilots in France

So pleased for Jack. I was stood next to his mum when he won the Supreme on Labaik and I’ve followed his career ever since. So many injuries for one so young.

Back