Forum Performance | Moderation and Wish List

webzcas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Please use this thread to note any issues with the performance of the forum or issues you have encountered that require our attention. Likewise with regards the moderation team, if anyone would like to be part of a new mod team being put together, please let us know.

I am also hoping to migrate the forum onto VBulletin 5 in the coming days. I have it up and running on a test environment and all seems to be good and it runs well. I will of course keep you posted in this thread, as and when the move to VB 5 is planned.

Cheers!

Dave

One other tweak I have made is removing the ability for people to delete their own posts. Depending on the overall consensus this may not be permanent.

One other tweak I have made is removing the ability for people to delete their own posts. Depending on the overall consensus this may not be permanent.

After a period of time maybe? I think there’s room for an immediate second thought?

Yes, I think if someone regrets committing something in writing they should be allowed to withdraw it either immediately or some time down the line.

I can see why you might think people who deliberately set out to offend should not be let get away with the sneaky tactic of hitting and running, i.e. they should not be allowed to delete offensive posts after the target has read them, and in this way remove evidence of their behaviour. But as far as I know this has not been a problem on this forum. Not yet, at least.

I think the main thing that's needed at present is a regular forum user who has the tools to keep the board tidy in a value free way, ie to sticky and unsticky threads as needed, and to merge threads where it makes sense.

Just to interject about deleting/editing - no one should be able to remove/delete posts except admins and super-moderators, since that is really an admin function. What it should be is to be able to modify one's posts for a certain time limit. At CM for example, for newbie members it's 90 mins to edit one's post, for senior type members it's days. We have never had any complaints about that.

Agree. The ability to delete my own posts in full, has been there for as long as I've been a member. It was never considered an Admin-Only function before, so why now?

This forum largely self-regulates, and perhaps part of its success in doing so, is because Members can withdraw messages that are made in the heat of the moment, or which they later regret for whatever reason. Removing this utility seems like a retrograde step to me.

Anyone else get this private message from an anonymous sender that appears to have joined this month and is based in Yemen??

Can we get this clown blocked?

수원한의원 said:
** , , , , , .

Thanks
Betflixhub Like A professional With The help Of these 5 Ideas
<p>Bet on direct net slots, folks with low capital can entry with unlimited funding, small funding, however get actual money from pg betflix , whether or not you or Betflixhub anyone could make a lot of money From betting on our direct web site
with funding opportunities that don't require a huge amount of cash But get a better return than any webpage today is able to serve you.
</p><p>Hockey has lots to offer. For instance, soccer, cricket, and hockey are immensely standard. There are many free slots games on the market that you may strive, however not all of them have an equal stage of incomes.
Even when youre a small enterprise, the perfect software program doesn't have to interrupt your financial institution so as to seem and Betflixhub supply a degree of service giant, useful resource-rich corporations present. Our web site offers techniques for playing online slots, straight web slots, easy to break, and the most recent 2022 approaches for enjoying Betflixhub, straightforward to interrupt by means of our web site. <i>Thiswas generated withthehelp ofGSAContentGenerator Demoversion!</i></p><p>Straight net slots Rome is another of your straightforward sport titles to acquire, its peculiarity originates from the fact that they can be happen historic Rome dishes, grapes, swords, and warriors evoke the age in the Romans, it may be incorporated with several advertising promotions. It may well unite individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Hockey is a fast-paced sport that many individuals can enjoy. Hockey is an extremely widespread sport with more fans than American soccer and baseball. The top leagues on this planet embrace the American Hockey League, Kontinental Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League, and National Hockey League. There are numerous leagues to take pleasure in, including Major League Soccer, English Premier League, Italian Serie A, and Spanish La Tiga. Although there are other leagues, some of the most well-liked ones embody the Indian Premier League, Australia Big Bash League, Pakistan Super League, and T20 Blast League. However, there are far larger sports activities all over the world. Soccer or affiliation football is by far the most important sport on the earth.</p><span style="display:block;text-align:center;clear:both"><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7LTR4Xuifsg?rel=0&disablekb=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen title="Betflixhub Betflixhub Betflixhub : X34 (c) by Pidgame168 V2"></iframe></span><p>The popularity of soccer is much-reaching since it is beloved around the globe. Although the popularity of soccer is rising within the United States, it has an extended solution to go. In the United States, the most well-liked sport is American football. It easily triumphs American soccer, tennis, and baseball. Tennis is broadly thought-about among the finest sports activities in the world. In 2021, it was discovered that tennis was the most well-liked sport in Bulgaria. Sooner or later, he found the key of the sky of this world. Most people love watching one sport or one other. People love watching sports activities. It is popular amongst people who like betting on sports at Betflixhub . An thrilling sports activities event can convey individuals together. The primary
slot machine as we'd notice it as we speak
will be followed again to around 1891. Known because the Slot machine, this slot was developed in New York by Littman and Pitt.</p>

WTF Is this sent by pm..:(

The clue is in this bit....

"Thiswas generated withthehelp ofGSAContentGenerator"

It's software that spams the internet on autopilot, creating profiles on forums and wherever else a profile can get built for free. It then sends/publishes this type of gibberish content, with links and/or citations included in the text. The links are supposed to be valuable for SEO purposes. Most, in fact, are probably not. But when the creators do this hundreds of thousands of times, some of those links do have value or 'work'...and they can contribute to helping the spamming site to rank higher in search engines.

PS If you go search 'xxxx (the site they refer to') you'll see a bunch of results that show you where else they've spammed, too. Looks like it might be an Indonesian or Thai site to me).

PPS In this case, the intent from the spammer might be to hope that receivers of the message click through to xxxxxx..or maybe even just search for it (so don't do what I said above)...because even those activities (if done by enough people) can result in a search engine giving credit/authority to that domain

Welcome to the world of what's referred to as 'black hat SEO'

Last edited:
Wtf is jerry/jerry?
puts ad messages in my inbox; I delete them, and they crop up again ithe next day.

Back