What are you backing Today? Part 2

William Buick at Kempton for 1 ride and you can have 6/5 Winter Snowfall on the machine but with good reason.

I backed it anyway but odds on elsewhere that makes me suspicious as Godolphin have 3 runners

Buick could be there to give the first timer an introduction with it's future in mind.

Can only cross my fingers and hope

Last edited:
William Buick at Kempton for 1 ride and you can have 6/5 Winter Snowfall on the machine but with good reason.

I backed it anyway but odds on elsewhere that makes me suspicious as Godolphin have 3 runners

Buick could be there to give the first timer an introduction with it's future in mind.

Can only cross my fingers and hope

Nice winner Place Backer you are on fire,

Godolphin are trying to outdo Willie Mullins with their outsider of 3.

Seems like Appelby's right hand doesn't know what his left hand is doing.

If he has friends he must have lost a few after that shambles

Now it's Henry De Broamhead's turn to **** with our heads,

Why would anyone want to run 2 horses hard to split in the same maiden Hurdles

Both look capable of winning one and there more than enough of them going around.
Jockey are of no help as they both are on horses they usually ride
Gone for Rachael on Jasko Des Dames

Last edited:
Bangor 1:30.

Cheddleton, yes I said it, Cheddleton. A frustrating horse to follow for two years between 2021-2023, where he was often trying to make all, then just not finishing his races off too well. He was raised to a mark of 149 after winning a novice chase at the end of 2020, so his handicap mark may have been too high for too long. I was really impressed with his win the last day over fences, back on a mark in the 130's, beating the in-form horse of Kim Baileys called The Edgar Wallace. Cheddleton was actually held up off the pace, in first time cheekpieces. He finished the race off well. Jennie Candlish now tests the horse in this class two handicap hurdle, with the cheekpieces applied again, and hopefully another hold up ride where Cheddleton can finish well again.

He does have form over hurdles. There was a run at Haydock at the end of 2022, where he finished behind future winners Stainsby Girl and Benson, with L'Eau Du Sud back in fourth, when he was only a four year old. So Cheddleton's back-form has always been half decent, and while he struggled to get his head in front for two years, I fancy he can win this if he's ridden correctly. I respect Jungle Jack's form with the Morebattle winner, Cracking Rhapsody, and I'd have McCains horse favourite myself. He's short enough though, so I'm looking for the each way bet on Cheddleton. Maybe a reverse forecast is in the pipeline. Jungle Jack to try and make all with Cheddleton picking him up near the finish. That's how I see things.

Jennie Candlish has gone and entered Chedders in the Topham. He'd probably make the cut if they decide to declare him. I guess I'd have to put a giant line through his last run over hurdles. He's a huge price but I won't be having a penny on ante post. Let's see if he's declared. I think his last win over fences was an improvement.

He'll love soft or heavy ground, and he's never fallen, which bodes well for him. I might have a tenner each way for a laugh on nearer the time.

Last edited:
What a fooking disgrace,,a blatant non trier for all to see and she'll probably get away with it......

At the request of the Raceday Stewards, Rachael Blackmore, rider of Jasko Des Dames (FR), trained by Henry de Bromhead, reported to the Stewards' Secretaries that her mount was outpaced down the back and finished one paced.

Of course it was Rachael with you sitting there like a dead cabbage and not making an ounce of effort

2.00 Lingfield-Hurtle

Think he is on a decent enough mark to contend here

Each Way [5 places]...@ 11-1 [Paddy Power]

Last edited:
Military Tycoon Fontwell 1.40

I know it's off but have written something on my blog, should anyone be interested to have a read. :)

NR

Agiluf. 3 NRs so 7 ran,20p rule 4 and then gets mugged for 2nd.

Yes. That was a sickener. Didn’t he do well though under a big weight. Derek Fox seems to be riding and schooling a lot of Adam’s horses at the moment. Hoping that Wise Eagle can win his Musselborough race now he’s back in training. I get so nervous watching them these days that I just look at the ‘in running’ odds to see what’s happening. I really hoped Agiluf had held on.

William Of York 3.22 Carlisle
Conkwell Legend 3.35 Exeter
Breeze Of Wind 3.57 Carlisle

Blogged ��

Back