Car MOT dilemma…

Just to say I ended up having the work done at the Toyota dealers. I’m away from home a lot and the car doesn’t get driven much but it never lets me down. I did find a garage that was recommended and would probably have been cheaper but it’s such an easy drive to the dealers. It just wasn’t the right time to consider buying another second hand car because they’re so expensive at the moment. I must say it felt so much better to drive on the way back but I’m even more paranoid about potholes which are getting worse and worse!I’m going to get the underside sprayed before next winter to protect it. Hopefully it will see me out now. Thanks for all the advice.

I bought my car off a mechanic.its a 2003 rover.every year I take it to him for my mot and every year I get advisory and I've never had anything done.last year I had to spend about 300 on it to have the floor done.my way of thinking was I'd rather pay for the work as to buy another 2nd hand car which could break down in months.
Back in november I was having trouble starting it even after I charged it up so I paid £65 to get the RAC diagnostic to have a look and it turned out to be the battery in my key needing replacing.
Due for mot in april .I dont drive very often these days I get most things delivered.average 500m a year.
This year I did 800m in December. I did put 10L of petrol in my diesel car but then topped
up with diesel and seems to have got away with it.
I only have a car for emergencies as I live out in the sticks.

I bought my car off a mechanic.its a 2003 rover.every year I take it to him for my mot and every year I get advisory and I've never had anything done.last year I had to spend about 300 on it to have the floor done.my way of thinking was I'd rather pay for the work as to buy another 2nd hand car which could break down in months.
Back in november I was having trouble starting it even after I charged it up so I paid £65 to get the RAC diagnostic to have a look and it turned out to be the battery in my key needing replacing.
Due for mot in april .I dont drive very often these days I get most things delivered.average 500m a year.
This year I did 800m in December. I did put 10L of petrol in my diesel car but then topped
up with diesel and seems to have got away with it.
I only have a car for emergencies as I live out in the sticks.

So that's how you chose your username.

Last edited:
Back