Yorks Dante meeting

Outsider

Rookie
I do like my hcaps and the meeting starts off with two competitive races.in the first race I have a long short list but I think
Oneforthegutter is overpriced at 33/1.back in 2022 at York he caught my and Yoricks eye running on over 10f.
The winner won easily and its last run was off 107 and the 2nd Spirit dancer is now 118.3rd that day was the frustrating Geremia.OFTG ran off 92 that day and is now off 90.maybe not good enough but at the price he has to be a bet.
I also backed DOs saratoga gold 33s.

in the big sprint ive backed 2.

Dakota gold 20/1 who is ridiculously well hcapped. Now 10 yrs of age,the same as Summerghand,who is also well hcapped.
This is a 25 grand race but I feel Summerghand can win a bigger pot.
As I said on the longshot thread Dakota gold won this in 2022 off 98 and was 7th last year off 104 and now runs off 84.
That is a big drop.
My biggest loser last year was without doubt
Mr Wagyu but he showed a bit of spark last time so I will have to stick with him.
Trainer is in form and its well hcapped.

That's all for now.

Love this classy meeting;fair track, plenty of runners for decent prize money, and usually on proper summer ground - and the premier trial for the Derby.
What's not to like?

Sprints are interesting. Not sure Summerghand was fully would up last time and this may have been the plan all along

Dodds reckons Azure Blue will need the run but he remains fav on the machine..wouldn't be me.

Julie Camacho's Makanah ran well at Newmarket could be worth an EW interest

Can't oppose the Pretty Polly winner Friendly Soul in this field. She's odds on and rightly so.

There are my own synopses of the TV races, written yesterday afternoon/evening and odds mentioned are as they were then, some of which are on the longshot thread:

2.15 - I’ve taken 33/1 Saratoga Gold for an early interest at long odds. He went up to 97 last summer after a wide-margin win in a fast time at Kempton but never showed that level again. It’s possible the race got to him but he’s changed owners and stables and ran with a degree of promise on his reappearance at Epsom three weeks ago. He’s come back down 11lbs and if the change of scenery and training routine can reignite the spark he could run a very big race. He got into the Ebor last year off 95 and a win here will guarantee him a slot this year. The ground is currently fast but rain is forecast so at least they shouldn’t be watering but will there be enough rain for the likes of Chillingham and Westerton? Oneforthegutter is also worth a punt at long odds but Klondike is maybe the percentage call given his overall progressive profile. I’ll use him to cover the other bets for the day.

2.45 - I’ve taken 33/1 Hyperfocus (and the ew double with Saratoga Gold, 1155/1). It’s 3lbs lower than when second on the wrong side in the valuable Coral race over CD last autumn. Great Ambassador and Dakota Gold are worth small bets at big prices too, the booking of Marquand for the former catching the eye. Summerghand and Mr Wagyu are also vefry well handicapped these days and both might need to go up the ratings to get into the Wokingham. I suspect one of these latter four will win, othwerwise it will be hard to get away from the conclusion that they’re in serious decline and I can’t quite get my head round that just yet. They remind me of the way the likes of old Chaplins Club used to work its way down the ratings before stringing together half a dozen wins every other season.

3.15 - I was surprised to see Marquand on Tiber Flow rather than Montassib but I see Fallon has been his regular rider recently and Haggas is probably being faithful to him. The more rain the better for Montassib but will there be enough? The ratings suggest this is pretty much a glorified handicap so it could be all very close at the line. Khaadem certainly looks overpriced and if the pace is hot a Spencer special could get him home in front. Many books are going four places so that looks good value. There’s no money for him so far so I’m holding off until the morning hoping for a drift and the BOG. Commanche Falls loves this place and is ‘way overpriced at 28/1. He too is worth a bet.

3.45 - Friendly Soul doesn’t hold an Oaks entry so even though she’s the most likely winner you have to wonder if she’s regarded highly enough. Classical Soul does hold the entry and appears to have been nibbled at in the ante-post market so I’ve taken a small win bet here and an even smaller one ew at 25/1 for Epsom. The only other Oaks entries are La Pasionaria (66/1) and Secret Satire (100/1). I hugely respect Beckett as a trainer and Crouch as a jockey so I’m also backing La Pasionaria for both races.

For the record, I've also backed Klondike and Great Ambassador in an ew double.... save me aftertiming :cool:

I remember Saratoga Gold from last season. I think he would have won the day he unseated his rider at York. He was powering up and clear in front after the line, albeit without a jockey.

Definately worth a go as a long shot, each way.

Good luck all today.

Unlucky Outsider thought you had it............
Dakota gold 20/1
Thanks Tan,good run for my money and Mr Wagyu sneaked a place 6th.
A pity Oneforthegutter couldn't hang on for 4th.would have been a nice place double.

I do like my hcaps and the meeting starts off with two competitive races.in the first race I have a long short list but I think
Oneforthegutter is overpriced at 33/1.back in 2022 at York he caught my and Yoricks eye running on over 10f.
The winner won easily and its last run was off 107 and the 2nd Spirit dancer is now 118.3rd that day was the frustrating Geremia.OFTG ran off 92 that day and is now off 90.maybe not good enough but at the price he has to be a bet.
I also backed DOs saratoga gold 33s.

Dakota gold 20/1 who is ridiculously well hcapped. Now 10 yrs of age,the same as Summerghand,who is also well hcapped.
This is a 25 grand race but I feel Summerghand can win a bigger pot.
As I said on the longshot thread Dakota gold won this in 2022 off 98 and was 7th last year off 104 and now runs off 84.
That is a big drop.
My biggest loser last year was without doubt
Mr Wagyu but he showed a bit of spark last time so I will have to stick with him.
Trainer is in form and its well hcapped.

That's all for now.
Good run from both, mate OFTG showed up well for a long way there, didn't he? Did you do him Ew extra?
Lovely run from DG, too. Excellent, mate👍.

3.45 - Friendly Soul doesn’t hold an Oaks entry so even though she’s the most likely winner you have to wonder if she’s regarded highly enough. Classical Soul does hold the entry and appears to have been nibbled at in the ante-post market so I’ve taken a small win bet here and an even smaller one ew at 25/1 for Epsom. The only other Oaks entries are La Pasionaria (66/1) and Secret Satire (100/1). I hugely respect Beckett as a trainer and Crouch as a jockey so I’m also backing La Pasionaria for both races.

At least I mentioned the winner, if only in passing :ROFLMAO:

I'm hoping to collect on my selections at York tomorrow I have a really confident selection in the Dante at 3.45 Economics was my Derby fancy but got pulled from the Derby and now has a entry for Edward v11 at ascot .this confused me,but I really believe in this horse ability and has very good breeding, and the step up in trip will really show this horses ability. Was going to go for a max e.way at 12/1.but has been smashed now best 6/1.

Also backing 2.15 Archebo at 12/1 ditching with tees spirit 16/1. And in 2.45 I'm backing symbol of light 25/1 and ditching with greys monument at 18/1 have these in e.way bets,and e way doubles.also got them in doubles with my nap Economics.

Some good racing today and a nearly day for me,but at least I got some good runs for my money.thats all I ask for.
On to tomorrow and the first two races.
In the 215 I fancied 2 and unfortunately I've missed the prices.
Alligator alley 14s into 6s
Mondammej 25s into 14s

245 O'Mearas Blue for you is the subject of a gamble it seems and a lot with chances but the two I like are

Bopedro took 25s boosted to 28s with Ladbrokes.
Navagio 16/1 who ran well in the Lincoln.
You never know what O'Meara is planning with his 3 but Bopedro is back on a winning mark.
6th in it last year behind northern express and blue for you but gave them both weight and now receives weight.

Sometimes the old advice is the best advice.

Back in the early 1980s (1981-3), as a callow youth (well, 18-20) I had a university summer holiday job working for Habbershaws independent bookmakers in Hull.

They had a rails pitch at York.

Their head trader once said to me: "when the ground is quick, we get murdered at York. Fair track and fav after fav wins. BUT, when there's give, because it's on recovered marshland it gets sticky and holding, even some Soft-ground horses don't go in it, and we get great results."

For punters, I think York is best when it's genuinely (know your going stick readings) Good to Firm.

A good run from Bopedro but then the disappointment. I just went onto Ladbrokes only to find out my bet had been suspended so no payout.dont know why.

I'm hoping to collect on my selections at York tomorrow I have a really confident selection in the Dante at 3.45 Economics was my Derby fancy but got pulled from the Derby and now has a entry for Edward v11 at ascot .this confused me,but I really believe in this horse ability and has very good breeding, and the step up in trip will really show this horses ability. Was going to go for a max e.way at 12/1.but has been smashed now best 6/1.
Very nice Robski.very confident selection.well done.

Good one Robski. Haggas pulled him because of his size from Epsom. Makes sense - he's frigging enormous, his arse is like that of a 3m chaser.

Back