World Cup 2018

In Moscow for today’s game. Hopefully be at Final where I’m pleased that our opponents would be France as I think Belgians would have been a much greater threat

Enjoy today and hope you get to the final supporting our boys.
Agree we’d have a better chance against France than we would’ve done against Belgium IF getting through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree, France look to have less weaknesses than Belgium, I guess that's why they're in the Final.

I'm not sure we'll get through tonight heart so wants it but heads says it's 40/60 chance. So hope I'm wrong.

Having backed Englandshire to win once the draw opened up (also have France), I'll be relatively content if they get through, though part of me will be happy to have done my dough if they don't!

On balance, I think they should be able to beat Croatia unless it goes to penalties - you'd always fancy Subasic to save 1 or 2.

I don't know what I'll be doing for entertainment if Croatia don't go through.

I've spent the last couple of turgid matches making up names for players for a few teams:

(The '-ic' enings are to be pronounced '-itch')

The Croatian joyrider young player - Stolavan Ranitinadic

Russian hardman - Kiki Zbozov

Russian coach (while they were still in it) - Pulashokov

Croatian midfield dynamo - Harin Olovripic

Russian diver - Gerim Sentov

Croatian gay player - Harkat Yuyabic

A bit like an Epsom Derby horse England were tonight, who had the speed but not enough stamina.. A great effort though to get this far. Best team on the night won. No complaints here. We could definately have been 3/0 up at half time, but equally Croatia could have been 3/1 or 4/1 up by full time.

Last edited:
Some dodgy refereeing decisions there but congrats to Croatia who were the better team over the 120 minutes IMO.
We could and should have put it out of their reach by half time though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I haven't been at all impressed by the refereeing. VAR has been a positive. Getting to the semi-final I honestly believe flatters England who struggled to beat Scotland on the way through and we know we're sh1te.

With sides like Spain, Germany, Argentina etc underperforming it's a bit like a race falling apart because the good horses, for whatever reason, haven't shown their form.

I've been very impressed with Southgate. He's shaping up as the best England manager since Bobby Robson.

Fair play too to the ITV commentary team. I thought they were as measured and impartial as any commentating team could be, not over-reacting in the face of some poor decisions against England.

But for the sake of our sanity, thank fvck they're out. No offence, guys.

PS - I reckon France will slaughter Croatia.

Last edited:
I haven't been at all impressed by the refereeing. VAR has been a positive. Getting to the semi-final I honestly believe flatters England who struggled to beat Scotland on the way through and we know we're sh1te.

I think the reffing has been good, I've liked the paucity of cards. As for England, I generally think we play to the level of the opposition and we were very dominant in the first half. Just more guile and composure in the final third and we'd have been a couple of goals up at half time. I think the future is bright but I'd be looking to back the Germans for the Euros. They only looked dangerous when Brandt came on late in their games. They also have Sane waiting in the wings

Missed the boat in the first half where the game could have been won. 2nd half struggled with the final pass on the break where there were chances. Credit though to Croatia as they were the better team after the break.

Just a shame the utter drivel Modric, Lovren and the manager have come out with.

Mon France.

Last edited:
Back