Tuesday 30th April 2024

yorick

Apprentice
Norfolk Police have received multiple reports by local residents of a 'massive UFO', currently to be seen hovering in the Norfolk sky. Local RAF/USAF stations were alerted but were quick to assure the public the object was something identified as 'The Sun', an extremely rare but not unknown phenomenon. Bert Bunn, 96, a life-long Wymondham resident, was untroubled by the sighting. "Nothing to worry about at all, It's old as the hills. Youngsters these days may not know it but, when I was a lad, we'd see it when we was out in the fields stone-picking, spring time"

Back to normal today after yesterday's politically - enhanced post.

I know that the Punchestown Festival starts today but for me it has always been just another excuse for me to throw money away, only this time scattered to the Irish winds: absolutely no idea about the niceties of Irish form. No disrespect intended; it's just that if I were to minutely pore over the Irish racing as I do the English, I'd never sleep: a sort of Raceform-Insomnia. So today, like all the other years, I shall keep my hands firmly in my pocket.

That doesn't mean I haven't looked. I blame Outsider for throwing me the bait of his fancy, Call Me Lyreen, in the 4.15. I had to have a look and also had to agree with him, picking it out as a big-priced possible. I also, for my sins, noticed Nusreet lurking in there at 16/1.

You see what you did, OS? you made me look at the 6.00 chase as well, where I thought Sandor Clegane looked a nice price at 12/1 on this better ground. If I were to bet today, which I can assure you I won't, I'd be doing an ew cross double with Call Me Lyreen and Nusreet 4.15 with Sandor Clegane and Embassy Gardens 6.00.

Meanwhile, I've been reviewing every race, everyday, since Saturday and, hopefully, have found a few for chapter one of my notebook.

Last edited:
So that’s where it’s got to, is it. That golden orb has sat in a blue sky for nearly four weeks here in Madeira, but suddenly it’s scuttled off to Norfolk. Whatever next.

Back