The 2024 'Should Be Odds-on' Thread

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
I thought a thread already existed for this calendar year but I'm not seeing it anywhere.

If it does exist perhaps the mods can merge it with this?

Wincanton 2.05 Colonel Mustard 11/4 - I'm really not seeing what can beat it other than its not trying.

I thought a thread already existed for this calendar year but I'm not seeing it anywhere.

If it does exist perhaps the mods can merge it with this?

Wincanton 2.05 Colonel Mustard 11/4 - I'm really not seeing what can beat it other than its not trying.

Fears realised. Very weak in the betting.

I was never happy with the ride CM was getting,especially after the third last when Jacob took it back three lengths for no good reason. I'm not convinced the horse was there to win.

Not a good start to the thread.

Apologies -backed into 2/1 joint fav at -got over excited at the start which didn't help.

Last edited:
Totally went out of my head.

Cheers, Trefflcih.

Nice to get the thread back on track between this and Tanlic's a week or so back.

Dodged a bullet there. I was trying to back Juneberry when the race started and couldn't get on. 18lbs clear on RPRs so really should have been odds-on.

Beaten by two others for the same owner.

Dodged a bullet there. I was trying to back Juneberry when the race started and couldn't get on. 18lbs clear on RPRs so really should have been odds-on.

Beaten by two others for the same owner.

How many times does the Godolphin ‘outsider’ win as well. Far from think they’re a gambling yard or up to no good (why would they, they’re billionaires with a capital B’ but I do tend to back their ‘unfancied’ runners at times. Didn’t today though.

I do think there is a huge gambling element within Godolphin but wouldn't necessarily cry foul here.

It was a pish-poor race on the AW and exactly the kind of shite that makes me ignore it in the big scheme of things.

Back