Suarez ban

Do Southampton have another conveyor belt of good youngsters coming through or are they cashing in?

The ban is a joke. Are we seriously saying this is the worst thing to happen on a football field in the last few years?

Can't agree, Slim. Obviously there have been worse leg breaks etc and maybe the perpetrators haven't been punished enough but there's more to the Suarez situation than the incident in isolation.

Rightly or wrongly, spitting is seen as worse than a leg-breaking tackle. Biting takes it to a new low.

Then there is the duty of care to the offender in this case. He needs professional help and the best way to achieve this is to remove him from the situation that leads him to commit such acts until there is compelling evidence and expert opinion that he is 'cured'.

The "bite" marks on Chiellini's shoulder don't look like bite marks. They look like Chiellini has used his fingernails to mark himself whilst rolling about on the floor. They don't even look like they might be bite marks.

They are also in the wrong place if they are supposed to be marks made by Suarez.

Which isn't to say he didn't bite him as he clearly did.

Punishment is harsh in my opinion, purely because punishment should be consistent. If he'd punched him in the face he'd have got off easier.

Surely we now need a General Racing, Chit Chat, Other Sports and luis Suarez categories?

Enrique new Barca manager class today when he said Suarez ban means nothing. He said Suarez is a player like Stoitchkov a Barca legend who stamped on a ref. different over there

Going back further , shearers stamp on Lennon and worst of all was willie Hamilton ( I think) stamping on a payers throat in Scotland. Yes really. ..

The "bite" marks on Chiellini's shoulder don't look like bite marks. They look like Chiellini has used his fingernails to mark himself whilst rolling about on the floor. They don't even look like they might be bite marks.

They are also in the wrong place if they are supposed to be marks made by Suarez.

Which isn't to say he didn't bite him as he clearly did.

Punishment is harsh in my opinion, purely because punishment should be consistent. If he'd punched him in the face he'd have got off easier.

I think it might have something to do with the potential to transfer infection.

I wonder if it works like classic vampirism? Will Chiellini bite somebody in Serie A next season?

If so it will be like World War Z by the time we get to Qatar.

No slim

Keanes "tackle" on whatsaname was worse.

Alf-Inge Haland. Alan Shearer also fractured Ugo Ehiougu's eye socket just prior to a world cup when England captain. I seem to remember there was uproar and calls for the FA not to take him to the world cup. As expected, he went.

I think it's fair to say his days in England are numbered. Liverpool are after 3 more attacking players, his legal representative is meeting LFC's legal team in Barcelona ( bit of a clue? ) this weekend, along with Guadiola's brother, the agent. I don't think it is rocket science to say if they are going to stump up the fee then he is gone. I am glad we have acted quickly on this, and have gone out to the market place and gone for the transfer targets we had in place before recoupin the money from his sale. Genius player he is, let him become someone else's problem for the next couple of years.

I think it's fair to say his days in England are numbered. Liverpool are after 3 more attacking players, his legal representative is meeting LFC's legal team in Barcelona ( bit of a clue? ) this weekend, along with Guadiola's brother, the agent. I don't think it is rocket science to say if they are going to stump up the fee then he is gone. I am glad we have acted quickly on this, and have gone out to the market place and gone for the transfer targets we had in place before recoupin the money from his sale. Genius player he is, let him become someone else's problem for the next couple of years.

Agree, time for a change for both. Great player for us, now move on.
I can only dream of Sanchez joining us.

Not if you didn't leave a mark.

I did wonder at the time if the marks were real. I didn't see the incident and missed the shots of the 'bite' and wondered if Chiellini had made the marks himself. Are there any photos of previous bite marks? If the bite is like fingerprint, and the pattern on Chiellini's shoulder was quite distinct, he's hardly likely to have self-inflicted them with such accuracy.

Also, Suarez's reaction - holding his face and then his teeth - suggests very strongly that he did indeed make contact with his teeth.

Players are asked to leave the pitch if they are bleeding due to the potential to spread infection and a bite or a spit would therefore have to be taken very seriously even though the chances of spreading infection would be extremely minimal.

Did any of you have 'blood brothers' when you were a kid?

I did wonder at the time if the marks were real. I didn't see the incident and missed the shots of the 'bite' and wondered if Chiellini had made the marks himself. Are there any photos of previous bite marks? If the bite is like fingerprint, and the pattern on Chiellini's shoulder was quite distinct, he's hardly likely to have self-inflicted them with such accuracy.

Have a quick nash at your hand - just enough to leave an imprint, then look at Chiellini's marks - they don't look like they have come from any mouth, Suarez, another human, a dog, nothing. They look like finger nail marks.

Again - I will restate - he quite clearly did bite him but not to the extent of marking him. I'd categorise it more as physical sledging than anything else and certainly no worse than holding/elbowing at a corner, surreptitiously hacking off the ball, digging into the ribs etc etc

Last edited:
Jeez lads, if anyone saw any of your posts you'd be locked up :D

Luis said in his own words 'he lost his balance and fell onto Chiellini's shoulders'. I did have a think should any media even print such drivel but if it makes people laugh on their way to work, it can't be bad...

All this blood stuff. Suppose ther eis the infection thing etc

What happens with women players when they are on the blob?

Going back further , shearers stamp on Lennon and worst of all was willie Hamilton ( I think) stamping on a payers throat in Scotland. Yes really. ..

And big Duncan did time for a thunderous (and appalling) headbutt on John Mcstay.

It's getting like the capital punishment argument in reverse.

Time was if somebody murdered someone they were executed. Now they do community service. (Exaggeration for effect, not meant to be a serious remark.)

Years ago, not much was done regarding serious/dangerous challenges (for want of a better word). Nowadays, associations are doing more because just about anyone anywhere in the world can see what's happened and people's sensitivities and sensibilities are heightened.

This is a change for the better.

It's about time the TV cameras got to Ayrshire junior football...

Jeez lads, if anyone saw any of your posts you'd be locked up :D

Luis said in his own words 'he lost his balance and fell onto Chiellini's shoulders'. I did have a think should any media even print such drivel but if it makes people laugh on their way to work, it can't be bad...

Right lads, even Luis has admitted it now...

Back