Round of 16

I quickly went from 'may' to I really dont give a f@ck anymore, woeful, Messi the only quality on show.

Very true, would be quite funny to see them dumped out

Come on Columbia

Last edited:
I quickly went from 'may' to I really dont give a f@ck anymore, woeful, Messi the only quality on show.

Well I am really enjoying it , end to end stuff , just need the argee,s to go through now , another bottle of rose monsieur.

Well the Swiss got what they deserved in the end I reckon although I only saw the last 20 minutes + ET but Argentina looked very average bar Messi of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benzema gets some stick on here, but IMO Higuain is a rotten player, far worse.
Lazy, paceless, gutless and couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.
Argentina have been my only bet as outright winners so far and I reckon that's as good as gone.

I believe it could be a cagey affair, and hence have bet accordingly ,

correct score 0-0
draw h/t
Argentina to win in extra time
Argentina to win in penalties

Nice shootin', Brian.

In the late game, I've plumped for Belgium 2-1, and thrown in Scorecasts with Origi (77), Fellaini (130), Vertongen (246), Bedoya (177) and Jones (306).

I have zero confidence. :cool:

I've been looking for big price bets mostly so far but I'm playing it safe here.

I think Belgium should be a touch odds on so have taken the even money. If they can play more as a unit than they have been they might even win quite comfortably against a team of over-achievers (which reflects very well on them).

I was tempted for a moment to go with Dempsey as first scorer at 8/1 but Hazard is the same price and is the more likely assuming he starts.

Can't agree, AG. Commentary should state what's happening, not distort it, which is what the BBC did.

EG, it was 2-0 Belgium. USA scored (a miss-hit but let's leave that aside for the moment) so it's 2-1. Belgium are still in the lead and still going through and still looking likely to score a third on the break. What's the BBC commentator's view? "USA have changed the entire complexion of this game!" How, exactly? Belgium are still ahead and still looking the more likely to score (unless you're blinded by support for the Americans), so, ahem, the complexion of the game hasn't changed at all. It's more exciting, yes. But Belgium are still going through.

I have family in America. I support America when they play, including tonight, but there was no way they were winning this game at any time.

Netherlands 1.52 V Costa Rica 8.2

Sometimes the layers get it wrong and at 8.2 Costa Rica look well worth a back to lay.

in 270 minutes of play they have given away only 1 goal and that was a penalty.

It's not like the Dutch are a great team. They routed Spain but they have looked ordinary since and have struggled to score with all their goals in their last 2 games coming late in the day.

If both teams play in the same fashion as before then extra time could be on the cards and that 8.2 will be more like 3.5.........Green up 188pts profit to 100pts stake very possible

Last edited:
Can't agree, AG. Commentary should state what's happening, not distort it, which is what the BBC did.

EG, it was 2-0 Belgium. USA scored (a miss-hit but let's leave that aside for the moment) so it's 2-1. Belgium are still in the lead and still going through and still looking likely to score a third on the break. What's the BBC commentator's view? "USA have changed the entire complexion of this game!" How, exactly? Belgium are still ahead and still looking the more likely to score (unless you're blinded by support for the Americans), so, ahem, the complexion of the game hasn't changed at all. It's more exciting, yes. But Belgium are still going through.

I have family in America. I support America when they play, including tonight, but there was no way they were winning this game at any time.

USA were the far more likely team to score after they went 2-1... :blink:

If you can't see how that goal changed the entire complexion of the game, you don't understand football...

Netherlands 1.52 V Costa Rica 8.2

Sometimes the layers get it wrong and at 8.2 Costa Rica look well worth a back to lay.

in 270 minutes of play they have given away only 1 goal and that was a penalty.

It's not like the Dutch are a great team. They routed Spain but they have looked ordinary since and have struggled to score with all their goals in their last 2 games coming late in the day.

If both teams play in the same fashion as before then extra time could be on the cards and that 8.2 will be more like 3.5.........Green up 188pts profit to 100pts stake very possible

I agree with your sentiment, but would think Costa Rica would be > 4.0 if it went to Extra time.

Maybe a straight lay of the Dutch best?

USA were the far more likely team to score after they went 2-1... :blink:

We must have been watching different games. Now that you know the result, try watching it again with the commentary off.

If you still think USA looked the more likely perhaps we can agree to differ.

Last edited:
Back