Quarter finals

Id love to see Argentina play half decent for once. They might win the thing but they have been bitterly disappointing up to now

No surprises today.

Yeah, hard to get away from that conclusion.

However, I'm not sure whether any team at this stage should be 7/1 regardless of the opposition so I've taken a stab at Costa Rica at the price in the hope of getting a chance to take a profit at some point.

Holland were a ba'hair off going out to Mexico and Costa Rica wouldn't be that far behind Mexico.

I have a feeling that Belgium might just put it all together today against Messi, I mean Argentina, 7/2 seems a decent price.

Costa Rica wouldn't be that far behind Mexico.
Costa Rica finished ahead of Mexico in the Concacaf region 2014 qualifiers.
(Though it would seem that this was an inferior quality group -- USA, Honduras, Costa Rica, Mexico).
Hard to see anything but a win for Holland; hard to excise from the mind the hammering they gave Spain.

I think its got a draw written all over it , probably scoreless, I will be doing much the same bets as the previous Argentina match,

Draw/draw FT/HT
0-0
Draw (90 min)
Argentina win E/T
Match to be decided on penalties

think the later match will be a better game, with Holland winning and more than 2.5 goals

good luck with your bets

Argies strolling this so far, Belgium just don't look sharp enough or look like a settled team, I can see a few long balls in the last 20 minutes if they cant find an early goal.

Argentina haven't done much since scoring apart from Messi's free kick and look likely to descend into mediocrity again to me. Belgium will need to do a lot better than they have so far to take advantage though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very disappointed with the way Argies didn't seem to want to make much effort in the last 25 minutes or so. You'd have bet your house on Messi putting that one away near the end

High mcillvanney, wise as ever, said you do not judge a wc until the quarter finals

And here we are...

It's been an exciting wc in terms of action but sorely lacking even one memorable side. For me a fine wc would have two or three

Jesus. I think messi has plenty enough credit in the bank ? I'm pretty sure best didnt slot away every single chance
you do take things seriously Clive:)

yep..most of them..and especially the important ones..like Benfica..and your mob..number 10 on this video..some good uns on there...they only filmed a fraction of his career as well,,not like today when every match is filmed..and the best bits are culled from hundreds of games instead of a handful like then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp7cTlvHgUQ

i wonder how Messi would go on with Chopper round his ankles:)

Last edited:
Why on earth didn't the Dutch play the whole 2nd half with the urgency they showed in the last 10 minutes? Or maybe CR simply tired

Back