Monday 6th May 2024

yorick

Apprentice
Morning.
It's a Monday, which can only mean one thing: the racing's poor, unless it's a bank holiday Monday. The thing is, it is a bank holiday and it's still poor.

There's nothing of note today after that monster weekend.

I have noticed that Editeur Du Gite runs at Kempton and he's one I might fancy, were I to have a bet. Also Karl Philipe, who I backed last time out but I think it's asking a lot of him off 12st, to be fair.

Quixall C has got me involved in looking at the last at Warwick: a poor hurdle over 3m. Don't ask me why but I've got stuck into the form for fun and think that Dakota Beat looks to be major value at 33's. Betfair were going 42's not long ago. No bet for me, though.

So there you go. I'll have to put my keyboard away now since my Italian lesson starts soon. Irregular verbs - help!

Choices. There you go: the only listed one of mine going today? Karl Philippe, wins @7/2 and I leave it alone. Choices. 🤪

I've been following Bright Stripes since it's first race. I figured the fav might go the same way as the two classic horses over the weekend, and BS would have a chance here. But I went for the FC thinking the others wouldn't get anywhere near. Just didn't notice the 22 on the exchange. A poor mistake!

Back