Friday 26th April 2024

yorick

Apprentice
My only interest yesterday, for minor shekels, Equinus, never responded positively to the change of headgear and disappointed once more. He is now an ex-list horse which usually gets them to win next time out, doesn't it? I'll risk that, I think.

All roads for me lead to the 365, or 'Whitbread' for those of us averse to change. I've been studying for some time and will study more before I commit. At the moment, I have three in mind but there's still some midnight oil to be burnt on that one.

Today there is one going that owes me absolutely nothing. After all, I've backed him with all his wins this term, having locked on to his staying potential early doors in his chasing campaign. Breeze Of Wind (2.05 Perth) has had a great season and although he's lightly-raced in his career, it may be possible that this may be one race too many for the season. Once again, I shall be looking forward to his second season as a chaser when he'll, no doubt, be a national horse of some description. I see Prince De Fischaux is visored for the first time in that race and may have a few pounds in hand.

Looking around the courses, I've had a little look and there wouldn't be anything to hang my coat on, so to speak. I suppose Aucunrisque in the 5.40 at Chepstow, a former 'Schweppes' winner, would be of some interest wouldn't he, even with top weight here? Pieces on for the first time and top of the ground catch the eye. Not for me to be embroiled fiscally so early in the flat season but Waxing Gibbous, 4.55 Doncaster, catches the eye in his first handicap at a big price.

Once again, I shall be putting in the homework with Sandown and Doncaster today, watching the replays and seeing what I can spot.

Last edited:
Alas,I know him.
I'll keep an eye on your nags today.My choice for the 4.55 is Story Horse. I just hope it likes the slow turf.

Hiya Col.

Thanks for the response.

Who knows what will happen; I know nothing. Oh no, that's Manuel.

As always, I live in hope rather than expectation, mate. Not really betting on them; I just thought I'd share .

Hiya Col.

Thanks for the response.

Who knows what will happen; I know nothing. Oh no, that's Manuel.

As always, I live in hope rather than expectation, mate. Not really betting on them; I just thought I'd share .
You obviously know more than me because yours came second in a big field t a good price.
Well done mate :)

Yes, that was a good run at a nice price. in truth, the jockey let him get too far off the leader and he wasn't too hard on his mount, was he. Naturally, the whole world would've seen that run and put him in their trackers but still, he might be worth a look next time out. Maybe over even further?

Back