Constitution Hill

Still a no bet race

State Man will go off shorter than what CH would have

Maybe Nemean Lion for the forecast if it turns soft

I bet Cheltenham had loads of cardboard cut outs of Constitution Hill to put everywhere on Tuesday! What an apology for a Champion Hurdle it’s going to be. Maybe, in future, trainers won’t be so quick to be scared off by one horse! (actually, there are still more horses entered than I’d realised but not sure how many of them were going to run in the race eg Lossiemouth still has an entry).

Last edited:
That was published 2 days ago Dessie .he was on a show late Sunday with Nico and they were far from dramatic and had very little to say on the matter other than nothing we can do but wait....he went though every race he has runners in and Nico went through all four days and both have good honest opinions...with not a sign of being a drama queen from Nicky...you really should stop having a ho at the man as we have no tight to be told ****..only person that is Michael Buckley...

I'm referring to the language/vocabulary he uses when it suits his purpose, Tanlic.

He's fond of words like "miraculous" when something more measured would suffice. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a brilliant trainer and a brilliant target trainer but he plays his own little games with the media and the public.

Just glad the saga has ended so we can concentrate on the actual racing. Hopefully this might change a few trainers obsession with Cheltenham. Mullins has run gds in hard races and no doubt with be at punchestown. C hill legacy will be one of unfulfilled promise.

I'm referring to the language/vocabulary he uses when it suits his purpose, Tanlic.

He's fond of words like "miraculous" when something more measured would suffice. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a brilliant trainer and a brilliant target trainer but he plays his own little games with the media and the public.
Ah but you forget you're a Celtic supporter from Glasgow and I'm a Rangers Supporter from Hamilton and we have spoke right since we was a children and Nicky went to Eton. We use words like fkin Magik while words like miraculous and Stupendous are normal to him ;0)

Ah but you forget you're a Celtic supporter from Glasgow and I'm a Rangers Supporter from Hamilton and we have spoke right since we was a children and Nicky went to Eton. We use words like fkin Magik while words like miraculous and Stupendous are normal to him ;0)

Yes, but you and I have also been on this forum for nearly 30 years and have been involved in racing from one angle or another for over 50. I know Nicky's linguistic tendencies from countless interviews before and after races but I still can't tell whether he's telling the truth or not other than on the very odd occasion and that's usually after a really big success when he lets his guard down a bit.

I admit I did think he was using over-dramatic language where C Hill was concerned this season but maybe when you get what might actually be a horse in a very privileged lifetime of training very good ones, it's understandable.

I'm as big a fan of the horse and the trainer as there is but I also try to see through the front he puts on for the media. Then again, maybe I'm looking for something that isn't there.

(We're still gonna win the league :p)

Last edited:
at least he talks to us and never deliberately puts people away. try and watching ⁹the YouTube video on Racng post which covers every race....Nick and Nicky and a few others on the panel...one guy tells a story about Willie Mullins who did it a few years ago with over 1000 people in the audience...he told them 24 hours before the race100% his horse would run in a race then the next day he pulled him out and ran him elsewhere....had his reasons no doubt but there are 100 reasons why trainers change their mind or guess to keep people who want something. To chew on happy

Last edited:
Conspiracy theory time but was the horse sound all year

The gods have spoken; he should have gone chasing.
You are supposed to share and develop your talents, not hide them under a bushel.
I always refer to Saeed Bin Suroor in his early successful days; in every winning interview his sentences ended with "Thank God ".
Anyways some do gooder must have pointed out such platitudes belonged to another religion so Saeed stopped saying it.
Shortly after the horses stopped winning.
NJH spoke of the Gold Cup being the only reason CH would go chasing, another mistake.
I have said time and time here that The Lord prefers 2 mile chasers of all his creatures as when they fall they lose all memory of their mistake and will take on their fences with the same enthusiasm next time.

Plenty time for that and now he can't possibly win 4 Champion Hurdles I think it will be on the cards after next season. Sir Gino could then go Champion Hurdle if he proves good enough

If he had gone Arkle this year what a mess that market would be but tbh I doubt if he ever will go Arkle.............he would pick up El Fabiolo and carry him he'll go CC 2026 straight of the bat I reckon

will never ever go chasing

they already said next year the aim is to "win his crown back"

He did say Sir Gino was likely to go chasing so he may well end up trying to still win 4 CH's who knows.......things change all the time in this game

W all have had our fair share of shocks for Cheletham horses falling by the wayside but is it any different from week to week NH races?

Horses drop out every week for one reason or another and we never notice it because they don't have the following of top horses

I can't remember 1 year when we never lost 2 or 3 favs and more on the build up

5yos don'twin the CH unless either they are exceptional or the opposition is exceptionally weak.

I'm not convinced Sir Gino is exceptional but probably the best right now of a fair crop.

Plenty time for that and now he can't possibly win 4 Champion Hurdles I think it will be on the cards after next season. Sir Gino could then go Champion Hurdle if he proves good enough

If he had gone Arkle this year what a mess that market would be but tbh I doubt if he ever will go Arkle.............he would pick up El Fabiolo and carry him he'll go CC 2026 straight of the bat I reckon

He Can't in 4 Champion Hurdles...

Nicky is no spring chicken and he can win 10 Champion Hurdles, surely that's the legacy he'd like to leave...

Michael Buckley has already stated that he wants to be a part of that milestone if he can...

Would be fantastic for them and us if he could get that 4yh win but age caught up with the Brilliant Istabraq and he never missed a year...thankfully it's not an injury and just a cold hopefully and he does have speed to burn so even if he lost 10% of his speed in a few years he would still be a force to reckon with

Would be fantastic for them and us if he could get that 4yh win but age caught up with the Brilliant Istabraq and he never missed a year...thankfully it's not an injury and just a cold hopefully and he does have speed to burn so even if he lost 10% of his speed in a few years he would still be a force to reckon with
Amm Istabraq missed a year through no fault of his own and had absolutely nothing to do with age!! Have you forgotten 2001 already?

Back