Beverley races

Ian_Davies

Amateur Rider
17th April 1977 - my first ever day at the races and it's Beverley today.

I used to run round the track every Sunday morning, starting at the 5f start and following the route they do for 2m races.

Low draws have a massive advantage at 5f, though mainly in big-field handicaps on quicker ground.

Attachments

• IMG_8102.jpeg
    IMG_8102.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 2
So it was you that I saw running round... I remember a chap that used to run up and down the grandstand stairs at Beverly for about 2 hours... once would do me in these days.

I used to run round the track on Sunday mornings - I like it to think I am on first-name terms with every blade of grass on The Westwood!

Ollie Pears Time Test gelding (with a bit of Captain Rio in the line) Trust Time is winking at me in the 5.40. Ran OK FTO at Leicester a month ago, if you assume he may not have been fully ready. Reasonable chance he'll be better than a Class 6. Bits of 23 available on BF about 20 mins ago, now around 18. But lots of time to go outwards, could end up in the 30s or higher but instinct says not that high (my instinct is often wrong!). Haven't looked at bookies but assume around 14s or 16s.

I haven't had a bet but, if it was quicker ground and a maximum (stalls position irrelevant in that scenario as they span the entire width of the track) field, I'd be all over the low numbers in the 5f handicap like a particularly bad rash.

Beverley's back!

Can't wait.

The 2YO race at 2.10 looks like a Nick Bradley benefit. 4 of the runners, all with different stables.

Ollie Pears reportedly likes the Land Force Love PLus One, but I heavily doubt this is the race. Maybe a valuable seller later on??

Craig Lidsters Stat Goddess (Inns Of Court, unraced mum out of Whipper!!) looks really interesting, but not for today. Hopefully she will run green and be one to watch for in a couple of months time.

I reckon Nick will be hopeful of strong runs from the Karl Burke and Grant Tuer fillies.

Edit** Whoops I lost track of time, this race was already running just about as I posted. Will have to watch the replay later unless anyone saw it.

Last edited:
Used to go regularly,some years ago, had rhe perfect view on the pinnacle where the rail's bookmakers stood.
Often had a field day backing David Loder runners there.

Back