Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

I still hate the horse though. Forgot about my possie on Thunder Rock which tbh I've lost confidence on. Just not that keen on the trainer

Last edited:
Anyone know if there was a confirmation stage today for the Welsh National?

I can't see Monbeg Genius in the ante post list on oddschecker.

I hope that's just a mistake?

An abscess means he won’t be ready according to Jonjo. Hopefully he’ll be alright for a spring campaign and the Aintree Nash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disappointing but in a good position with the bets in the Long Walk, Savills and Silver Cup so can't complain. Threeunderthrufive franked the Badger Beers form so it seems I was premature dissing that race.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Blueking D'oroux performs tomorrow.

This is a big step up, but he won last time after he was interfered with by the second horse at the second last hurdle. Blueking has shown he has plenty talent since that wind operation.

He hasn't put a foot wrong since that, and for the horses sake I'd be happy to see him finish in the first three, with a view to the future.

I'm also looking forward to the handicap chase at Ascot, where I think Hascoeur Clermont can run well again.

Last edited:
Seven weeks to the Festival and normally on a Tuesday I'd be reviewing the previous weeks racing but there was very little of it. So, I've been looking at the Lincoln entries *ducks*

Mutasaabeq's Ghanaati half brother Maghlaak who went into my tracker last year after a decent run at Haydock but didn't run again is still with the Shadwell gang as a 5yo, was gelded in September and if you're lucky enough to have a Unibet account is 33/1 for this. I've taken some.

Seven weeks to the Festival and normally on a Tuesday I'd be reviewing the previous weeks racing but there was very little of it. So, I've been looking at the Lincoln entries *ducks*

Mutasaabeq's Ghanaati half brother Maghlaak who went into my tracker last year after a decent run at Haydock but didn't run again is still with the Shadwell gang as a 5yo, was gelded in September and if you're lucky enough to have a Unibet account is 33/1 for this. I've taken some.

Tempted to follow you in because I'd probably have landed on it if I'd looked at the race myself since I'm a huge Godolphin-in-a-handicap fan, but any thoughts on why they might be considering returning it to a mile after campaigning it at 10f last season?

To be honest, I'd never heard of it until reading your post but on breeding it should have eight legs.

I took him off my tracker later in the year and can't remember my notes. I guess the Lincoln is a target as a look to see where the options are going forward.

Obviously Muhaarar was a sprinter who does get middle distance performers but only really when bred with dams with stamina (Albaflora, Eshaada, Israr, Burdett Road) but with sprinter/miler dams they tend to want shorter (Baradar for example is by a Pivotal mare). Although Enemy is a proper boat and he's out of a Dansili mare, could be an outlier.

Last edited:
Early days for the Lincoln but I had an alert that AL RUFAA is entered.probably needs to win beforehand. to get in.50/1 atm.

Ghostwriter

Backed Jeff Smith's GhostWriter 1.50N both times out and have reinvested winnings as decided to follow till beaten. Looks a very capable beast indeed and may be something worth following into next year.Taken an ew price. Otherwise picked out several that others have already put up.

Posted the above prior to the Royal Lodge
last season. Won well having been up with the pace and then brilliant acceleration. Was one of my larger bets of the year and had a very decent price. Is quoted for both English and Irish Guineas. I have followed the owner's horses since the brilliant Chief Singer and the acceleration Ghostwriter showed in the final furlong first time out was simply stunning. Three from three last year.
I have taken an initial 16/1 for the English Guineas as a base bet and will be adding a portion of any winnings I might have prior to the race.

Last edited:
Yeah man grand national trial Saturday 10/1 boosted to 11/1 Ladbroke.

Well done. I'm running so bad and I couldn't pull the trigger despite the fact that I backed him the last day when he couldn't catch the Venetia creature. Haydock Heavy just brings the chills out in me.

MONMIRAL. coral hcap chase next saturday. 3 mile. 25/1 betfair

What do you think BJ?

Well, PN can’t believe he’s still a maiden :). It’s beginning to look like he’s overfaced at Class1 and I think 3m is going to stretch him on top of that. Almost guaranteed a winner, then ;)

Last edited:
Same race - I've taken 25/1 Hidden Heroics

Skelton has three entries and, of the other two, Flegmatik has won his target race and Shan Blue was off for his life on Saturday there so might not run. HH only needs four to come out, which looks very likely, so I'm working on the assumption - perhaps a big assumption - that HH has been trained for this all season. He's been held up in rear in most of his races but ran from the front in his career best run at Cheltenham last year. I'm not convinced he'd make the cut for any of the festival handicaps off his mark so if they are going for one there he'd probably need to win this anyway. All ifs and buts but I'd rather take 25s about an ifs-and-buts situation than 2/5.

Same race - Bowtogreatness. 16-1. Was entered up for Saturday's race at Ascot but appears to be going to Kempton instead. BP fancied his chances for Newbury last Dec but couldn't get him ready, then ran poorly in the Mandarin.

What worries me is the entry in the NH Chase (big price, fancied him to run well in this for some time). Has about a 16 day gap, should be OK but possibly won't want a hard race at Kempton.

Back