Aftertiming thread

Oh I’m not there. Watching on the telly box! But like the other guys, couldn’t let this go unbacked.

Last night I was told to have a bet on Sunday Sovereign .4 yrs since its last win and stepped up in trip.so I had a pound ew at 20/1 and it just pissed up at 15/2 and they say racing ain't bent.
Stable had the favourite as well.

Great win for Quinault there. I really wanted Desert Cop but as I wrote in my synopsis, which I didn't really have time to post on here:

I’ll cover them with Quinault, which I think overcame a big track bias last time and can be marked up considerably, but I’ll wait for the BOGs and maybe extra places to kick in.

I didn't get as good a price as I wanted but it did the job.

I only realised today that Quinault is owned by Tom Morley. When he was on WHill racing radio during the pandemic I used to find it very interesting when he talked about what he looked for when he purchased a horse. I’m pleased he’s got such a good’un.

I went to stick my usual £2.50 on Good Gracious at 20/1 this afternoon, but accidentally typed in £25.

"Fortunately" I noticed my mistake in time and corrected the error.

It won. :lol::blink:

In his post-race Al Aasy interview, William Haggas seemed resigned to defeat in the next race, pretty much saying the Gosdens had the winner. I thought it had plenty to do at the weights but Haggas's face said it all. Since I was only on a couple of outsiders, I decided a bet on the Gosden horse was in order and I managed to get 11/4 so another nudge further into profit on the day.

I'll be having a saver on Raintown but I'm gonna argue that the Chesspiece 12f handicap at the Dante meeting is slightly better form. Chesspiece himself I think ran well in the Queen's Vase, Land Legend was most eye catching in the KV and Great Bedwyn in 6th won at Goodwood on Friday. All this is to say I'll be backing Baltic Voyage in this Salisbury race.

Baltic Voyage won today at Ripon and I did back him and was gonna put him up here but I couldn't find where he'd been discussed before and I wanted to quote that post....it was the longshot thread rather than the backing today one. I'm aftertiming him because I think he could be part of a system. That is backing Frankel handicappers stepping down in trip when the ground is soft. This below is from Oct last year:

Gonna chance Al Mubhir at Haydock (4.00). He caught my eye at Goodwood behind Savvy Victory in a small field over 10f and didn't seem to stay in a bigger field the last day at Newbury. Haggas steps in back in trip today on soft ground and 5/1 is acceptable.

I'm sure loads of Frankel's get beat stepping down but as soon as I saw BV was declared today over 10 after travelling really well over 12 the last day at Salisbury before falling in a hole I thought of Al Mubhir.

Last edited:
Sometimes it really is worth taking note of pre-race trainer comments:

"I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw Quickthorn at 16/1. He's back in form and the ground should be fine although I'd like a shower to liven the surface up a little. It depends on how the race is run. If he has a lead coming down the hill - although Broome might be up there making the running for Emily Dickinson and that might rule it out - I'd be thinking of a bet in running! Should run well."

Oh the pain again.just took 25/1 Volantis in running.,couldnt get out 2nd.
I seem to be good at getting 2nds

Just got a bonus.did 4 of my itv7 in an £1 ew 4 timer and all got placed £72 for £2.i will take that.

I went mad and picked a PP offer for 10-1 for Sweet William to beat either HMS President or Adjuvant ( had pc on for ITV7 picks) , as was convinced SW couldn't lose. ITV then announce HMS P a non runner and I didn't realise PP had refunded my bet in time to get it back on as a forecast. Gutted gutted gutted. Latest vet bill £1142 and he's missed off a visit and drugs, ( another £300 at least - I'm not telling him ) and Muppet into only round 2 of potential weekly treatment on ligament which is £223 a time. :( :(

I went mad and picked a PP offer for 10-1 for Sweet William to beat either HMS President or Adjuvant ( had pc on for ITV7 picks) , as was convinced SW couldn't lose. ITV then announce HMS P a non runner and I didn't realise PP had refunded my bet in time to get it back on as a forecast. Gutted gutted gutted. Latest vet bill £1142 and he's missed off a visit and drugs, ( another £300 at least - I'm not telling him ) and Muppet into only round 2 of potential weekly treatment on ligament which is £223 a time. :( :(

Very unlucky. I assume the 10-1 was a sign-up offer.

Had a quid on Suntory Star in the 3.25 Catt, purely on breeding and jockey in the context of what was a very weak race. Half a furlong out it's looking seriously like she might win it, but got done roughly half a length on the line. About 640 bsp, I think. I'd taken 410.

Fortunately, at the last second before the race, took 50 in the 4 places market. So all was not lost. But oh what might have been! 95 bsp for 3 places, too, but that would have been pushing it :) She got 3rd, though.

Back