View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Saturday 16th March 2024

Well, that's Cheltenham done and dusted for another year. I'm glad we're back to normal racing because the festival, for me, is just too difficult for I have trouble deciding which of the five Mullins horses in a race will win, or which of McManus' are going to prevail. Not a chance: I'm just not clever enough.

Today I have a couple that I'm doing and I share them with you in the hope that you'll be able to share my joy/misery, if you choose.

I have a horse which I ...

Updated 16th March 2024 at 2:07 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The final day

I watched a replay of the novice hurdle where most of these ran in last time and its hard to split them but the one I liked the best was
    ETHICAL DIAMOND 20/1.who was towards the rear and started making ground until a slow jump two out but nothing was finishing better.but there's nothing to suggest that the irish are better,we just assume they will be.
    SALVER 12/1 could well be better.i backed it ew for the boodles because i thought off 128 it had a great chance but he's kept it for ...

Updated 15th March 2024 at 3:10 AM by Outsider

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day4

It’s been a good week, but I’ll be damned if I can find anything of much interest to finish with. Particularly since I’m getting fed up with the massed ranks of Mullins specials. Lovely man, but he’s got the favourite in five of the seven races tomorrow plus several others high up in the betting. Can’t be healthy.

I think the Gold Cup took it out of Bravemansgame last year and I did wonder if he’d give it a miss this time. After a couple of lack lustre efforts he came back well in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day3

1:30 - interesting race this and I’m torn between Grey Dawning - who probably has the form in the book and Facile Vega - who surely has better chasing potential than he has shown so far. Mind you, Iroko could have the potential to eclipse all of them after an impressive chase debut last November. It’s a mighty ask, though, to come straight here following what appeared to be a season ending foot injury and with so little experience.

2:10 - not really interested, but Cuthbert Dibble ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 2

After a bonza day yesterday I can be carefree today. It’s not my favourite day, though, so I reckon I’ll do more watching than betting

1:30 - can’t see past Ballyburn, particularly after Slade Steel’s performance yesterday. Will be no price, though , so I’ll watch and admire. How Henderson’s Jingko Blue goes will be informative for Jonbon’s chances later on.

2:10 - I’ll stay with Stay Away Fay albeit more in hope than conviction. I don’t think Giovinco is in this class ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 195 1234561151101 ... LastLast