What i am NOT backing today.

Quixall Crossett

Amateur Rider
Well, Saturday actually.
I am guilty of spending too much time on a race in the hope that a horse would be declared and it hasnt. It is the Hexham 5.00 and trainer Simon Waugh had Coolmoyne entered in that race and also the 5.35. The first was over two and a half miles and the 5.35 over three miles.
Coolmoyne is a bit of a proverbial loser and his record stands at 0-20. I know it doesnt fill you with much confidence but if the trainer could actually determine what his best trip actually is, it might start winning a race or two. Two miles is too short for it and he was outstayed over 3m 3f so i think it is fair to assume that it is somewhere in between. His best ever effort was when beaten only a neck at Sedgefield last October over two and a half miles. He raced off a mark of 85 that day but courtesy of some too-ing and fro-ing with the trips, he now finds himself down to a mark of 79 which is his lowest ever.
I am of the opinion that the 5.00 race with the shorter trip would have been the better option but then what does Simon Waugh care about what i think. If he had opted for the 5.00 race i probably would have got involved but as it is, i will just be an interested spectator of the 5.35.
If he wins that race, so be it. It wont be the first one that has got away and it certainly wont be the last.

Just for interest in the 5.00, i will be keeping a sharp eye on a couple for the future.
The first is Follow Your Arrow who was second in the race last year off a mark of 101. He races off 93 on Saturday and it is only a matter of time before he starts finding his form again. His only win came over this C/D off a mark of 100 and it is this track where he will probably strike again. He has been second twice, third twice and fourth twice round here so its fair to assume that he knows his way round. His last three form figures (letters actually :D) wont instil confidence in many but he has had a break and it is worth bearing in mind that he disappointed twice last year before finishing second in this corresponding race.
The second one is The Paddy Pie who i am certain will bounce back to form one day, its just a matter of watching closely and timing it right. He has shown nothing for over a year but prior to that he had been very consistent and had made the frame on eleven occasions out of fourteen runs. This is his trip and he seems to go on any ground. He has won round Hexham but he has also won and been placed a few times round Wetherby and that is Sue Smiths neck of the woods and i can see him been aimed there once jumping starts again down that way. But there is plenty of time to go before that happens and he is well worth keeping an eye on. He is eleven years old now so hasnt got too long to go but he is still capable of winning a race or three. He is another who has dropped down to his lowest ever mark and races on Saturday off just 92. He did reach the dizzy heights of 126 at his peak and was still rated 117 this time last year.

Plenty to watch in those two races and it is actually a decent card with some each way opportunities in most of the races.
Good luck if you get involved in any of them.

I see Powers have gone 40's about Follow Your Arrow. The copy and pasters have followed. That says they have totally disregarded its chance. But in a race as bad as this one it would be foolish to discount anything.
It will come back to bite them one day.

Coolmoyne is 5's in a place but a general 9/2 chance at the moment. That sort of price does not interest me but he has an obvious chance in another bad race although i wish he had gone for the two and a half miler instead.

Good luck with whatever you back tomorrow.

So Follow Your Arrow is now as low as 12/1 in a few places with 14's and 16's being the general price. And The Paddy Pie has been backed as well.
Will either of them win ? I dont know. But plenty of people, including myself, play on the prices and the ricks. And if you can back something at 40/1 knowing that it is going to drop in price, you will never go skint. True, the hardest part is getting on in the first place.
The 40/1 was massive and it seems plenty took advantage of that. These firms will never learn that by not putting the time and effort in, it costs them money. And its then the poor punter who pays the price thru restrictions and/or account closures solely because the firms didnt have a clue what they were doing.
But it is the copy and paste firms who really need a bomb up their arses. Dont they realise how stupid they are ? They just dont understand.
So as i always used to say on the previous forum and i will repeat it here for the benefit of the clueless copy and pasters ---
If you copy a price and the firm you have copied it off have got that price wrong, you are now wrong as well !!!!!!!

Simples.

Have a good day all.

" i will just be an interested spectator of the 5.35.
If he wins that race, so be it. It wont be the first one that has got away and it certainly wont be the last."

Tell me you backed him....please

No Good QC.

The barnes stable is probably one to keep an eye on at the moment.
It was all for future reference mate. Those who laid the 40/1 for Follow Your Arrow would have still been sweating after jumping the second from home. He will obviously come on for that run, his first since Jan 12th and there will be a pay day with him some time soon.
He will come down a few pounds for that run as well.

The Paddy Pie will take a bit longer but he shouldnt be forgotten.

If he wins that race, so be it. It wont be the first one that has got away and it certainly wont be the last."

never be worried about missing a winner. you don't have to bet in every race!

I wish i could mate but i was just an interested spectator. I had my concerns regarding the trip and its fair to say that he just clung on. It went out to at least 12/1 at one stage during the day and just for a second i thought mmmm :)
But i am a stickler for patience and discipline and as i said the other day, if it won it would just be another one that got away. And there have been plenty. But at the same time, it makes it twice as sweet when i time them right.

Well, Saturday actually.
I am guilty of spending too much time on a race in the hope that a horse would be declared and it hasnt. It is the Hexham 5.00 and trainer Simon Waugh had Coolmoyne entered in that race and also the 5.35. The first was over two and a half miles and the 5.35 over three miles.
Coolmoyne is a bit of a proverbial loser and his record stands at 0-20. I know it doesnt fill you with much confidence but if the trainer could actually determine what his best trip actually is, it might start winning a race or two. Two miles is too short for it and he was outstayed over 3m 3f so i think it is fair to assume that it is somewhere in between. His best ever effort was when beaten only a neck at Sedgefield last October over two and a half miles. He raced off a mark of 85 that day but courtesy of some too-ing and fro-ing with the trips, he now finds himself down to a mark of 79 which is his lowest ever.
I am of the opinion that the 5.00 race with the shorter trip would have been the better option but then what does Simon Waugh care about what i think. If he had opted for the 5.00 race i probably would have got involved but as it is, i will just be an interested spectator of the 5.35.
If he wins that race, so be it. It wont be the first one that has got away and it certainly wont be the last.

Just for interest in the 5.00, i will be keeping a sharp eye on a couple for the future.
The first is Follow Your Arrow who was second in the race last year off a mark of 101. He races off 93 on Saturday and it is only a matter of time before he starts finding his form again. His only win came over this C/D off a mark of 100 and it is this track where he will probably strike again. He has been second twice, third twice and fourth twice round here so its fair to assume that he knows his way round. His last three form figures (letters actually :D) wont instil confidence in many but he has had a break and it is worth bearing in mind that he disappointed twice last year before finishing second in this corresponding race.
The second one is The Paddy Pie who i am certain will bounce back to form one day, its just a matter of watching closely and timing it right. He has shown nothing for over a year but prior to that he had been very consistent and had made the frame on eleven occasions out of fourteen runs. This is his trip and he seems to go on any ground. He has won round Hexham but he has also won and been placed a few times round Wetherby and that is Sue Smiths neck of the woods and i can see him been aimed there once jumping starts again down that way. But there is plenty of time to go before that happens and he is well worth keeping an eye on. He is eleven years old now so hasnt got too long to go but he is still capable of winning a race or three. He is another who has dropped down to his lowest ever mark and races on Saturday off just 92. He did reach the dizzy heights of 126 at his peak and was still rated 117 this time last year.

Plenty to watch in those two races and it is actually a decent card with some each way opportunities in most of the races.
Good luck if you get involved in any of them.
You seem to be very shrewd QC.
I look forward to your comments and selections in the future.
Best of luck and thanks for sharing your thoughts 👍

You seem to be very shrewd QC.
I look forward to your comments and selections in the future.
Best of luck and thanks for sharing your thoughts 👍
:LOL:
My missus has many names for me mate but "shrewd" has never been one of them.

Good luck with your punting tomorrow.
Flat racing only so i'll be giving it a miss.

:LOL:
My missus has many names for me mate but "shrewd" has never been one of them.

Good luck with your punting tomorrow.
Flat racing only so i'll be giving it a miss.
Im not a great fan of the flat myself.
I normally fare better with the jumps.
Not that You'd notice with my recent posts😂

Back