Sunday 5th May 2024

yorick

Apprentice
Lovely racing with mixed results for me yesterday, the day having been saved by the unlikely winner Total Lockdown, the surrounding circumstances I have detailed on yesterday's blog.

Short and sweet today since I intend taking advantage of the (soon to disappear, no doubt) sun by taking a beautiful spring walk in the north Norfolk countryside.

Three today but not notebook entries so small stakes and I write them here for your information. The three are all, coincidentally in 14f races, the likes of which I particularly take an interest in: 16f and above is my forte. Firstly, I'll take a little Ew interest in Adjuvant 3.00 Newmarket 14/1 Ew who I think may have a few pounds in hand here.
Next will be Mr Goldie's Sir Chauvelin (2.05 Hamilton 12/1 Ew) This old stager has dropped in the handicap and the trainer is a right old 'shrewdie' who may found a suitable opportunity here. Ew.

And last of all, Arthalot (5.35 Salisbury 12/1 Ew) who may take some beating in this class and is chosen by a slim preference over Young Merlin on account of the better value. I'm hoping the recent wind op will help his cause.

Sir Chauvelin - 2.05 Hamilton 12/1 Ew
Adjuvant - 3.00 Newmarket 14/1 Ew
Arthalot - 5.35 Salisbury 12/1 Ew
3 x win singles
Ew Trixie

I'll have a tiny interest in Rolica at 25's Ew in the 1000 Guineas

That's all for now

So, the scourge of the nr continues apace. can you believe I had originally written Euchen Glen as my pick, crossed it out and wrote Sir Chauvelin - nr: 'going', of course

Did Rolica 25/1 ew for 6 places - 6th, which is nice.

Choices.
As written above, a choice between Sir Chauvelin and Euchlan Glen - chose Sir Chauvelin: wrong
In the Salisbury race choice between Arthalot and Young Merlin, Chose the former: wrong.
One thing to note with Arthalot is that he was never going to win , helping to make the running at 35mph over that distance. He just set it up for the late finishers. All his best runs have come either from off the pace or handy so they weren't in it to win today.

Back