Punchestown Festival 2024

Unreal start time for me today........20 minutes to 10pm my time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Looks like an easy day for some favs but seldom works out that was,

Sporting bet for me today is Kilbeg King ew 10/1

I think Sire du Berlais has won more for me than any other horse in training but his last run looked a bit laboured (ran on for 5th but through beaten horses I think)
It’s hard to see past Teahupoo and he can be backed at evens with SkyBet (they restricted me to £12.50 though). Asterion Forlonge to follow him home for me

Whilst all the staying hurdlers are basically pigs, I like SDB in the G1 today. Ducked Aintree this year, gets his ground, and 8/1 a more than fair price for the old ba*stard to beat some mudlarks, imo.

Have had a go at Rumi (20/1) in the opener. Just the three hurdles runs so still very-much unexposed, and in one of them he was only beaten around 15L by Irish Point (ridden out). Irish Point now OR’d at 159 I think, and Rumi in here today off 115 in a turd of a race.

Grappa Nonino could go well in the first. Only 9 lengths off Blueking D at Ascot a year ago, the others around him and in front there reading like a list of useful (or very useful) handicappers this season. Between 16 and 20-1, not much of a price, though.

What on earth was the Mullins Camp thinking........Gaelic Warrior should have been hitting 29mph even 30mph from the off......all he had done there is set it up for the winner......Willie's idea Paul's idea? someone got it badly wrong

I did a couple of accies and thought Teahupoo was the most likely to let me down as I had him in both...He won unchallenged....the ones that did let me down were Gaelic Warrior and Gallopin Des Champs:( funny old game

Home By The Lee 6.00 Punchestown tomorrow.
Finished 3rd in the stayers hurdle at Cheltenham.
The better ground tomorrow may allow him to reverse the form with Teahupoo who enjoys testing ground.
Looks a solid each way bet at 7/1.
Managed to get 3rd at 15/2
No match for the winner Teahupoo who was very impressive 👍

I am particularly looking forward to seeing Ballyburn today.

We all know some horses don't quickly recover from hard races at the Cheltenham Festival, but did he even have a race at the Cheltenham Festival?

The ground and trip are fine, so not liking going right handed could be the only possible excuse today and it would be a flimsy excuse at that.

He's no price, but it's not (quite!) always about that for me.

Bit of a Horses for Course's shout, Bonville & Harrington could surprise again, this time with the Mare "Jetara" in 1835, out of sire "Walk in the Park" who's record of winners at Punchestown is 20%+ be hard to beat Ballyburn and the other Mullins runners, but at 20's for the 2 places Ill have a shot along with a f/c.

The winner is one of the most under-estimated and under-rated horses in training.
A bit of the old pocket talking Grassy...good for you sticking with him but let's not kid ourselves. To win an Arkle you need to stay 2m4f and that fell right into the hands of Gaelic Warrior who made Il devtitIET look like a tree, So they decide to play cat and mouse with IET over a sharper less testing course, Didn't matter to Willie he probably thought steady away I wineither way And my horses haveess chance of injury. Who knows what he thought it ifGW had been trained yGordon Elliot be wouldhavegone off like a5f sprinter round that course andwouldmost likely have won.

Just watched the last at Punchestown, crikey, David Maxwell's 'technique' in a finish is a sight to behold.................. :unsure:
I read some scathing posts about him a while back. Many of these tend to be from bad judges or pocket talk So I watched with an open mind....I have seen some bad jockeys in my time but none as good as fucking things up as him ...I wouldn't have a shilling on any horse he was riding...this guy could get Constitution Hill beat if he was 1/20 in a 2 horse race

Back