Photos from Kempton Park - BetBright Chase Day 21st Feb 2015

mowgli77

At the Start
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152573343841793.1073741837.707226792&type=1&l=d0e5fa5a6c

Link above to the photo album hosted on facebook but available to anyone, whether you have facebook or not. Great course to be able to get quite close to the last hurdle and the last fence and a great profitable day too, along with some nice snaps. I've been to this meeting the last 2 years. Last year was really quiet yet there was some really good racing and I got to see Balder Success and Activial and this year I got to see Rocky Creek and Beltor, both should go on to bigger and better things. It was free entry this year but it still wasn't rammed to the rafters. I don't think I could stand the hustle and bustle of Cheltenham during the festival so this is another option that often throws up a decent horse or two, even so close to Cheltenham. Highly recommended meeting. Hope you like the photos.

some superb shots there .really good.

i used to love photography but have lost interest over the last 10 years..could I ask what camera did you use and do you photo shop much

i generally use photo shop just to get levels right..luckily the camera i have is pretty good with the white balance so i rarely bother with colour correction

some superb shots there .really good.

i used to love photography but have lost interest over the last 10 years..could I ask what camera did you use and do you photo shop much

i generally use photo shop just to get levels right..luckily the camera i have is pretty good with the white balance so i rarely bother with colour correction

It's all fairly new to me. I've only had a DSLR for a year or two and I've never done any photography courses etc so I'm just learning all the time. I use a Nikon D3100 and these pictures were taken with a Sigma 70-300mm lens. My other lens is the basic 18-35mm one you get with the camera. I have got photoshop and lightroom but I hardly ever use Photoshop. I mainly use that for the colour splash effects, black and white picture with a touch of colour. I use lightroom but only for the basics such as cropping, saturation and exposure. Most photos need very little altering if I've got the right settings on the day. Lightroom lets you add the watermarks too before you save your ictures. The picture of All Yours jumping the hurdle had another horses arse in the picture so I just cropped it out of the shot. There are probably loads of things I could do with the pictures but I'm still getting to grips with the basics.

Back