Newbury (2)

barjon

Conditional
Glad they’ve saved the day (unless the mid morning inspection bites). I was missing not being there yesterday, but staying tucked up nice and warm wasn’t a bad option :). Looks like some nice racing today and plenty of interest.

12:30 - I tend to stay clear of Jonjo’s horses because I can never get him right, but it’s difficult to see past Inch House despite being put up 10 lbs for his last run here. So did he have enough in hand to cope with that or is Jonjo out to start getting him down again. You can bet I’ll get it wrong - leave him and he’ll win, back him and he loses.

1:05 - both the Henderson runners Jingko Blue and Jeu Des Champs are well thought of with Jingko Blue likely to come on a fair bit for his pretty decent debut second. Masaccio looked pretty good, too.

1:40 - the interest for me in this one is how the two returning invalids fare - Jet Powered and North Lodge. Both Henderson and King reckon they are ready to go, but really they are only a watch.

2:15 - Under Control will win this.

2:50 - if Henderson has got Dusart back to where he was before last season - and he reports that he is ready - then he has got a good chance. Each way for as many places as I can get, just for fun.

3:25 Rightly or wrongly I’d want to oppose Master Chewy at odds-on, but with what? It looked as if the handicapper had just about got Bollingerandkrug at Kelso, but here he is upped in grade and travelled a long way to get here. Perhaps they think he has a chance, but probably just keeping Ahoy Senor company on the journey.

The Coral Gold Cup Handicap Chase (Premier Handicap) has always got me really giddy but (perhaps because of the race name) today's renewal just doesn't give me that feeling. Oh for a proper race name. GL with all yours today

Last edited:
Inch House still looks to have some in hand.
Thought it was a dead heat with Jingko Blue and Masaccio, but the win won’t compensate them for the loss of Jeu Des Champs RIP
Jet Powered disappeared quickly around four out, so question marks remain for him. Not so for North Star who seemed to lose position round the final bend, but finished like a train into third - one to note.
God knows what happened to Under Control. She faded away to nothing to be last of the finishers. Weak in the market, there must be something wrong?
Dusart ran nicely for the first circuit and just faded gradually away until pulled up. Not much to be done with him now I would have thought.

Last edited:
Back