New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ardross

Welcome to TH all new members . Talkinghorses is of course the best fan site as voted for by readers of the Racing Post .

There are lots of members old and new at this site and this is a thread for new members to introduce themselves and tell us about their interests and if you want your background .

We hope you enjoy the site and join in the discussions and banter

I`m a new member.Been a regular punter since `89. My serious betting is confined to Flat racing as i`ve never been able to make jumping pay,but enjoy following the winter game for the sport mainly.

I`m am also a regular poker player online,i play at Paradise Poker and Ultimate Bet.

I rarely bet on sports but follow Man Utd and the Red Sox.

Welcome to the forum Euronymous. B)

Great to see this thread Ardross, and let's hope alot of the silent guests on the forum, use this to say "Hello" when they are brave enough.

Take no credit for it Kathy it was an idea of Colin Farrell's brother

Hi,
I'm from Ireland and I come from quite a big racing family,mainly flat but I love jumps too.
I've been riding my whole life and have ridden for trainers in Ireland,England and France.I also do alot of part time for for racecourse,sales etc.
At the moment I'm back in Ireland with a broken wrist so I'm working on my dad's stud sitting up at night waiting for mares to foal.
So far I've found this forum really interesting with lots of different viewpoints,long may it continue!

Originally posted by Spoons@Jan 11 2005, 06:48 PM
At the moment I'm back in Ireland with a broken wrist

So all you can eat with is erm

Spoons

Welcome Spoons

:) Hello all. I've been lurking for a few days now so I thought it only polite to register and and actually post here :D

I'm a cashier in a bookies, and according to my other half working there is just my hobby :lol: It's nice to escape from the kids and kitchen sink for a bit, watch some racing, chat with the punters and get paid for it :lol:

Welcome all.....great to have you on board Spoons....we are short a few opinionated Irish members on here!! ;)

Thanks for the welcome everybody.
My wrist is on the mend and I should be back riding out in the next week or so, then hopefully I'll come back to England and try get some amateur rides.At least this way I've already planned my Aintree and Cheltenham trips before I get a job!!
I found this forum from the awards in the Racing Post,liked the idea of being able to talk bout racing with lots of different people instead of just the people in my group of friends.I've told lots of other people and they're all fans of it now.

Welcome Euronymous , Spoons and Griffin , hope you enjoy the banter and stick around . Great to have another Irish perspective too Spoons. We'll poach you when we have our version of the four nations :D

Originally posted by Aidan@Jan 12 2005, 11:34 AM
Welcome all.....great to have you on board Spoons....we are short a few opinionated Irish members on here!! ;)
JEEZUS........ I must be the only TAFFY that speaks with an Irish accent? they are brain washing us on here.........

Welcome to you all!!! regardless of your denomination or sex!!!!(no not readily available on here, as yet?) :D you are amongst a diverse set of racing people here... Trainers, owners, jockeys, riders, form readers analysis people, bookmakers oh and TIPSTERS :eek: I nearly forgot...... and fanatical fans and some that's been at it for over 40yrs too so look no further, and cooks wine samplers and Gearoid and knowledgeable people that cover most things....... :D

Spoons - are you JP Magnier (3)? Just wondered if you were born with something silver in your mouth!

Originally posted by Dave G@Jan 12 2005, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the newbies. Can I just ask how you all found us?
I found you all after reading about your award in the Racing Post. We're not a very busy shop so I get to read it cover to cover :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back