Interestin

barjon

Conditional
Been mainly building the notebook without a great deal of betting and there’s one coming up of interest to day a Fakenham 1:40.

Call the Dance is pretty highly thought of by Nicky Henderson - “She is a lovely home bred mare of James and Jean Potters out of Hora who we trained, and she was a good staying mare herself. Call The Dance finished fourth in what I think was a good race at Ludlow in January and then won very nicely at Southwell in April. She has come back looking a picture, has school very well before going out to grass, and I hope she will take high rank in the mares’ novice hurdle division.”

Roger Pol is odds-on atm and all the rage after last run, but I’m going to risk a bit of 2/1 on Call the Dance on her hurdle debut, particularly since she’s Nicky and Nico’s only runner there today.

This looks like a trappy old race, I think, principally on account of the breeding.

The two favs are bred to get further than this and that applies to just about all the horses in the race.

For that reason I reckon the first two in the betting (by Kayf Tara and Shantou) look bad value to me.

Of all the horses , I'd want to be looking at an ew go on something that looks more inclined to want this 2m distance. Not that I'd bet in the race but if I did I might be looking for value with Wise Guy, who looks like he'll appreciate this minimum trip more than many in the race. Trainer Edmunds has a good record with his hurdlers here (7-33)

Good luck, though, Bitsy

Last edited:
Can’t but agree, yo. Only interested because of Henderson’s view of her and that he has chosen to start off her hurdle career here, as their sole runner, on a course that’s generally regarded as “tricky”.

Last edited:
Henderson has a good record on the track with hurdlers, as has Murphy (Borodale, owners 2-6 on the course)

Last edited:
Well, bloody hell.

Two that I mentioned: 1st one slips over on bend, brings the other down. Lol.

Didn’t matter, the first two had it their own way from the off. The market called it this time.

Not sure I agree.

Borodale had made quiet headway at the time. We'll never know lol. :)

GoingStick 6.7 at 4.35pm Tuesday. Heavy rain leading up to the first race resulted in an unsafe racing surface, Wise Guy slipping on the bend after four out in this opener, and the remainder of the meeting was abandoned.
ROGER POL dictated a steady tempo and did enough to get off the mark at the second attempt over hurdles, already having the edge when the runner-up fluffed the final hurdle. He'll need more to defy a penalty in a novice but is clearly a fair type.
Call The Dance, a Southwell bumper winner, readily pulled clear with the winner but was just losing the argument when clipping the last. This was a pleasing start from a mare likely to want 2m4f in future.
Hiero Sport, runner-up in a Market Rasen bumper in the spring, gradually faded having been quite badly hampered in the incident after four out and is worth another chance.
Borodale was in the process of making a forward move when caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. [Mark Brown]RACING POST.

BORODALE (IRE) 5 br g Flemensfirth (USA) – Portryan Native (IRE)
He took a while to come to himself but shows plenty at home hence we thought he would win a bumper last season. Fourth at Market Rasen and Huntingdon, he is better than he showed on each occasion and hopefully will improve once sent hurdling. He jumps well and possesses a lot of ability.

Back