Good afternoon all....

Quixall Crossett

Amateur Rider
Quixall Crossett is a lot for people to write down but everyone calls me QC although i still havent worked that one out. :)
I talk a lot. I rant a lot. I get so many things off my chest that i am surprised i have a chest left.
I love my jump racing but have more or less given up on flat racing now.
I worked in a betting shop for the first time in 1974 and have gone on to own one and then on to head of ante post, head of trading and then punted for a living for the last 11 years.
And now i'm retired.
That, in a nutshell, is me.

Oh, and i love Rihanna. :)

A Rihanna-loving QC who is also a successful punter - what's not to like?
And as for the punting, my bets are just occasional ones now. Fraudster (bookmakers) restrictions are the main cause of that but the small field sizes that are practically the norm these days are a major factor as well. My forte is low grade handicaps and preferably 8-12 runners. As yorick has pointed out on another thread, and as we all know, we are regularly seeing racecards with 5 , 6 or 7 runner races and not a decent each way race at all to get stuck into.
And even if nothing jumped out from a decent each way race, there was always the opportunity to take advantage of the many price ricks that the fraudsters churned out. But with all these 5 and 6 runner races, those opportunities have gone as well.

But i'm a patient man.

Q.c I used to follow you on another forum.you really know your stuff.what was that horse called that you always backed when it ran at Sedgefield?think kirby was the trainer.also had a really good winner from you 1 day.was called exselence.

Q.c I used to follow you on another forum.you really know your stuff.what was that horse called that you always backed when it ran at Sedgefield?think kirby was the trainer.also had a really good winner from you 1 day.was called exselence.
Good morning sir.
That would be our dear friend and much missed Roxyfet. A little star if ever there was one. But only when the time was right ! :)
Trying to second guess trainers can be a costly business at times but Sir Micky was fairly easy to read when it came to this horse.

If only they were all like that :LOL:

Have a good day mate.

Greetings All.

I'd forgotten about this site until a recent email arrived with info on the new site.

I retired in December of 2022 and that's cleared a lot of time for horse-racing. National Hunt would be my main focus and I also like Ante-Post.

Looking forward to browsing the forums.

John

Greetings All.

I'd forgotten about this site until a recent email arrived with info on the new site.

I retired in December of 2022 and that's cleared a lot of time for horse-racing. National Hunt would be my main focus and I also like Ante-Post.

Looking forward to browsing the forums.

John
Hello Barchester and welcome.
I am a veteran of this site and have been on here nearly 24 hours now. :D

Good luck if you are punting today.

Hello gentlemen. Nice to meet you.

QC, did you frequent the old Neigh website many years ago?
No sir. I do know there was somebody on another forum (i dont know which one) who had the same username.
For the past 10 years i have been on the Letsbet forum which then became the Letschatbets forum. There were some good lads on there and some good craic was had but sadly, like a lot of forums, interest and participation has hit rock bottom. Its a sickener for Flyingbolt who put a lot of time and effort into setting it all up but if nobody wanted to use it then what could we do ?

Well happily participation seems to be picking up here since the refresh QC, and hopefully you'll have the next 10 years amongst new friends.

Quixall Crossett is a lot for people to write down but everyone calls me QC although i still havent worked that one out. :)
I talk a lot. I rant a lot. I get so many things off my chest that i am surprised i have a chest left.
I love my jump racing but have more or less given up on flat racing now.
I worked in a betting shop for the first time in 1974 and have gone on to own one and then on to head of ante post, head of trading and then punted for a living for the last 11 years.
And now i'm retired.
That, in a nutshell, is me.

Oh, and i love Rihanna. :)
Hi Qc looking forward to your selections
Good luck with all your betsđź‘Ť

Hi Qc looking forward to your selections
Good luck with all your betsđź‘Ť
Thank you.
The bets are very few and far between these days. The small fields, i.e. less than eight runners, are a killer. There have been plenty of days when there hasnt been a single suitable race to study and price up. But thats how it is these days. But as i always say, no use worrying about something you cant control.
I've spent an hour and a half this afternoon going thru Hexham's entries for Saturday. It will save me time tomorrow morning when the decs come in. I was contemplating going but its an evening meeting and i didnt fancy the drive home afterwards. I'm getting soft in my old age.

Have a good evening and a good days punting tomorrow.

Thank you.
The bets are very few and far between these days. The small fields, i.e. less than eight runners, are a killer. There have been plenty of days when there hasnt been a single suitable race to study and price up. But thats how it is these days. But as i always say, no use worrying about something you cant control.
I've spent an hour and a half this afternoon going thru Hexham's entries for Saturday. It will save me time tomorrow morning when the decs come in. I was contemplating going but its an evening meeting and i didnt fancy the drive home afterwards. I'm getting soft in my old age.

Have a good evening and a good days punting tomorrow.
Thank you and heres hoping you can find a winner or two for saturday.

Back