Give us a tip

A friend of mine once met the jockey Mark Birch in a pub in Beverley and asked him for a tip: "Never get off a bus while it's still moving," was the reply.

Anything will do, I am not fussy, it had better win. I used to go into the same pub as John Low, sat with us once, think he was after mrs sunshine.

Anything will do, I am not fussy, it had better win. I used to go into the same pub as John Low, sat with us once, think he was after mrs sunshine.
I cant guarantee it is going to win. There isnt a punter on this planet who can do that. But after spending two hours on the race and watching about six replays, i just kept coming back to the same one every time.
But if its a "cert" you want, there are many thousands of punters and "tipsters" who will give you one of those. :rolleyes:

I'll pass.

You cant guarantee that it will win, what kind of tip is that, sounds a bit risky to me.

Last edited:
I cant guarantee it is going to win. There isnt a punter on this planet who can do that. But after spending two hours on the race and watching about six replays, i just kept coming back to the same one every time.
But if its a "cert" you want, there are many thousands of punters and "tipsters" who will give you one of those. :rolleyes:

I'll pass.
I'll have it m8 if he dunt wannit 😀👍

So, there we have it - don't eat yellow snow, while playing leapfrog with a unicorn, as you both depart a moving bus - that's a win treble that can't go wrong if ever there was one.

I used to go into the same pub as John Low, sat with us once, think he was after mrs sunshine.
Is that Clay Cross's finest John Lowe, the 'gentleman of darts' ?

Saw him in Marks and Spencer, Sheffield circa 1985

I only got 13/2 but Im happy enough.
Its down to 11)4 with Skybet, but may drift tomorrow.
Good Luck to all whove backed it.
Thanks Qc for sharing 👍
Good stuff mate and you are correct, it will drift out a bit. They did their usual trick by going too big in the first place and then panicking when punters started diving in for it. Slybet and Chandlers both went 11/4 after being 7/1 and 8/1 only an hour or so earlier. But thats the price they pay by just copying and pasting other firms prices. As i always say, if the first firm have got it wrong then the ones who copy those prices are now wrong as well.

But again, as i always say, getting the price is the easy part. Its getting that big beautiful animal to put his head in front as they pass the post that is the difficult part.
But he has an excellent chance as far as i am concerned. He is down to his lowest ever mark of 113 which is 9lb lower than his previous chase win. The ground will be ideal and he has won twice over this C/D over hurdles on this ground. His course form record reads 21123 and he had a nice run round Warwick a couple of weeks ago to blow the cobwebs away having been off since November prior to that run.
I've always had him down as a bit better than this lot and he has spent most of the past four years rated between 122 and 128. And this time last year he was rated 124.
But all that waffle wont help his chance any :) Its what happens in that big green field up at County Durham tonight that counts.

Good luck today and to everyone else as well.

Cheers Qc best of luck 👍
Good stuff mate and you are correct, it will drift out a bit. They did their usual trick by going too big in the first place and then panicking when punters started diving in for it. Slybet and Chandlers both went 11/4 after being 7/1 and 8/1 only an hour or so earlier. But thats the price they pay by just copying and pasting other firms prices. As i always say, if the first firm have got it wrong then the ones who copy those prices are now wrong as well.

But again, as i always say, getting the price is the easy part. Its getting that big beautiful animal to put his head in front as they pass the post that is the difficult part.
But he has an excellent chance as far as i am concerned. He is down to his lowest ever mark of 113 which is 9lb lower than his previous chase win. The ground will be ideal and he has won twice over this C/D over hurdles on this ground. His course form record reads 21123 and he had a nice run round Warwick a couple of weeks ago to blow the cobwebs away having been off since November prior to that run.
I've always had him down as a bit better than this lot and he has spent most of the past four years rated between 122 and 128. And this time last year he was rated 124.
But all that waffle wont help his chance any :) Its what happens in that big green field up at County Durham tonight that counts.

Good luck today and to everyone else as well.
Good stuff QC👍

You cant guarantee that it will win, what kind of tip is that, sounds a bit risky to me.
Nearest thing you will get to a guarantee goes in the Oaks trial at Lingfied. 11/10 with William Hill she should be 4/7. I have as a bonus backed her for the Oaks because if she hacks up today her odds will half and one will be able to lay off for a good profit.

Danielle won easily at Wetherby, though I'm not quite sure what she beat, and is certainly bred to stay.

But, talking of breeding, Rubies Are Red is a full sister to Breeders' Cup Turf and Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe winner Found and is bred to come into her own herself at this sort of trip.

I'd be scared of her if banking on the favourite.

Good luck, though.

Last edited:
Back