Constitution Hill

And don’t forget he administered a banned substance to one of the Queens horses a while ago......

And don’t forget he administered a banned substance to one of the Queens horses a while ago......

Did he administer it himself or did he just accept responsibility as the licence holder?

Don't they just send them to Martinstown for a special break?

That was a joke and the BHA were supposed to look into allowing the use of it, which is tranexamic acid a medicine women take to curb heavy bleeding during a period.

Nicky ran the horse, a bleeder, before it was out of the horses system without talking to the vet first is what I think happened.

It was laughable as he was banned during the flat season. My take at the time if an owner pays anything up to a few million for a horse
then find out when it goes unto training and this medicine allows them to run it should be legal..I believe most insurance companies don't cover you for it

This is serious Pentland Hills pulled up that's 9 of his last 10 runners PU or beaten by half the track.........no way Jango Baui be out of the first 3 on form and should win if he gets PU time to close down for 3 weeks

Would you even consider back CH at 1/2 if he turns up...surely all those horses were scoped and had their blood count taken before the went racing

Last edited:
That was a joke and the BHA were supposed to look into allowing the use of it, which is tranexamic acid a medicine women take to curb heavy bleeding during a period.

Nicky ran the horse, a bleeder, before it was out of the horses system without talking to the vet first is what I think happened.

It was laughable as he was banned during the flat season. My take at the time if an owner pays anything up to a few million for a horse
then find out when it goes unto training and this medicine allows them to run it should be legal..I believe most insurance companies don't cover you for it

Yes completely aware what TA is...being female it’s something I know is widely used. The fact that he/they thought it was wise to give it to horses......:rolleyes:
It absolutely shouldn’t be legalised for use in horses to stop bleeding anymore than Lasix should. I know Lasix was widely used in Newmarket during training but trainers got the withdrawal period right....Hendo didn’t. And of course he knew what he was doing...he’s just very persuasive that he knew nothing!

Other great excuses for doping violations...

Spanish race walker Daniel Plaza claimed that the reason for a positive drug test was because had oral sex with his pregnant wife. Nandrolone can be detected in women during pregnancy.

Last edited:
Yes completely aware what TA is...being female it’s something I know is widely used. The fact that he/they thought it was wise to give it to horses......:rolleyes:
It absolutely shouldn’t be legalised for use in horses to stop bleeding anymore than Lasix should. I know Lasix was widely used in Newmarket during training but trainers got the withdrawal period right....Hendo didn’t. And of course he knew what he was doing...he’s just very persuasive that he knew nothing!

You say it should not be legalised but like the BHA can't give an answer why.

Sorry guys and gals you will never convince me that drugs and medicine are the same thing.

If you have 2 horses running against each that the owners paid their hard earned cash for and one through no fault of it own or it's trainer burst blood vessels
while the other is a perfectly healthy horse and you give them both a dose of tranexamic acid will the perfectly healthy horse run faster?

Of course it would not. There is absolute no evidence that exists that tranexamic acid, make a horse run faster

All it does do is give a sick horse an equal chance of leading a normal life and doing what his owner bought him for.

If the horse has physical weaknesses,eg bleeding, then that's just bad luck.

It's up to the breeding industry to breed weaknesses out of it.

Compromise on the cleanness or integrity of the sport and you're heading down a very iffy road.

If the horse has physical weaknesses,eg bleeding, then that's just bad luck.

It's up to the breeding industry to breed weaknesses out of it.

Compromise on the cleanness or integrity of the sport and you're heading down a very iffy road.

That's exactly what your are doing with that statement.

BRCA exists but you can't guarantee to breed it out of people.

If you could the Aryan race idea would have worked and we'd all have blonde hair, blue eyes and be 6ft5" tall by now and there would be no need for medicine,

:)

Probably most of you have no idea that Lasix mentioned by Jinny makes horses urinate and lose weight temporarily and allows them to run faster. Hardly a comparison to TA which does no such thing. What it does do is help a horse who has an illness run without his respiratory system fill up with blood during a race so the poor horse cant enjoy doing what he was bred to do. They used to burn witches at the stake but we have progressed from there and Nicky never injected the horse the VET did and he struck off which caysed more than a bit of a stir.

Despite the fact dozens of trainers put it to the BHA that they should meet and discuss allowing the use of TA which would be an improvement to racing by way of a cure for bleeders and fairness to the owners who got lumbered with a sick horse.

The BHA didn't even want to discuss it and a spokesman made a OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY statement and never wanted to listen to those who actually train horses

The statement made was "Horses who needed medication in order to be fit to race should not be racing at all"

WTF and people who need medication to walk should not be walking at all............what a bunch of assholes

As I understand it, Lasix is also an anti-inflammatory and therefore masks pain. If a horse runs with such pain masked it risks doing itself longer-term damage.

I think you're taking my argument down a road that suits your own point of view, Tanlic.

I’ll reply later. I wrote loads last night then deleted it. But in hindsight I will rewrite this evening.....Pointing beckons!

Let me make this perfectly clear. I never mentioned Laxis Jinny did for reason best known to herself

Laxis is mainly a **** pill but also stops bleeding in the lungs which is not the same as a horse bursting a blood vessel and swallowing the blood

Laxis has multiple uses all designed to make a horse go FASTER!!! like reducing weight, prevent swollen legs and ankles and long term use is downright dangerous.

Jockeys I knew used to take a version of it to make weights then have to drink loads of water to replace lost fluid

TA has one use to stop small blood hairline blood vessels from bursting and preventing a horse from swallowing it.

If the aorta burst the horse can die instantly....I believe that is what happened to Dunkirk but mostly the horses vein burst he swallow the blood and that stops him very quickly.

That's exactly what your are doing with that statement.

BRCA exists but you can't guarantee to breed it out of people.

If you could the Aryan race idea would have worked and we'd all have blonde hair, blue eyes and be 6ft5" tall by now and there would be no need for medicine,

:)

If Adolf Hitler had prevailed in World War Two there'd be a lot more of us with blonde hair, blue eyes, aswell. I'm glad he didn't.

Fascists are a reactionary mob. Always diagnosing the problem as other people's race and then figuring out the solution. The premise of their argument is always hostile to other races.

This is far from the 'bringing people together' motto I'm in favour of, admittedly potentially a wee bit woke like.

Just saying.

Last edited:
As I understand it, Lasix is also an anti-inflammatory and therefore masks pain. If a horse runs with such pain masked it risks doing itself longer-term damage.

I think you're taking my argument down a road that suits your own point of view, Tanlic.

That could be Bute that you are describing.

Could be, Luke. I'm definitely no expert.

Let me make this perfectly clear. I never mentioned Laxis Jinny did for reason best known to herself

Laxis is mainly a **** pill but also stops bleeding in the lungs which is not the same as a horse bursting a blood vessel and swallowing the blood

Laxis has multiple uses all designed to make a horse go FASTER!!! like reducing weight, prevent swollen legs and ankles and long term use is downright dangerous.

Jockeys I knew used to take a version of it to make weights then have to drink loads of water to replace lost fluid

TA has one use to stop small blood hairline blood vessels from bursting and preventing a horse from swallowing it.

If the aorta burst the horse can die instantly....I believe that is what happened to Dunkirk but mostly the horses vein burst he swallow the blood and that stops him very quickly.

I didn't mean to imply that you did, Tanlic.

Rather, I was trying to address the principle of whether the thoroughbred should be allowed to run on medication.

I think once we start compromising on principles we're on a very slippery slope.

Back