Christmas Crackers

barjon

Conditional
Ambion View

“Ambion View will have one run in a bumper then go novice hurdling. He is a beautiful horse” said Joe Tizzard

Third in the Wincanton bumper at 40/1 on Boxing Day he’ll presumably now be off over hurdles and up in distance which will suit. Might be interesting.

Bravemansgame

I thought he would have won the King George but for getting tangled up with Shiskin when he slipped. He would have been at his peak for this and with Galopin du Champs seemingly back firing on all cylinders I doubt that the Gold Cup is within his reach. Not sure Nicholls will even try for it.

El Elefante

She didn’t disgrace herself in Listed company and didn’t quite last out not helped by being short of room a couple out. Slight lowering of sights would see her right, but I doubt price will be attractive.

Harry Derham

He’s running an astonishing 44% strike rate at the moment (last 14 days 8/18) and gives pretty honest comments about his horses (hope the keyboard warriors don’t get to him). Worth looking at the free Lambourn Trainers site https://lambourntrainers.com/todays-lambourn-runners/

Il Est Francais

I thought he was breathtaking in the Kauto Star at Kempton on Boxing Day and you can’t see him losing any time soon. The only way to benefit, though, is to keep rolling the bet along with him for a time since I doubt the prices are going to be worth it separately.

Impose Toi

Luccia pleased connections winning the Class 1 premier handicap hurdle at Ascot on December 23rd, but maybe she was lucky that stablemate Impose Toi fluffed the last two hurdles. He was carrying 10lbs more for his earlier win and only went down by a neck so it’s not a fanciful notion that he would have won with fluent jumping of the last two and he can surely cope at this level ok.

Jeriko Du Reponet

Another commanding performance at Newbury and he’s barely come off the bridle yet. Looks terrific, but have to hold off on the plaudits until we’ve seen how he gets on against real top table opposition (although those so far haven’t been slouches).

Lookaway

Ran a cracker second to Captain Teague in the Challow at Newbury and set a strong gallop in front. It will take a good one to pick him off at the finish if he goes the same again, but each way is probably the best bet if the price permits.

Queen’s Gamble

Continues to do the business and probably put in a career best winning in the Listed Hurdle at Taunton on Saturday. Have a feeling she’s not quite top table, but you can’t knock her so far. She probably goes straight to the Mares Novice at Cheltenham now and needs to be considered.

Walking On Air

Henderson has really been looking forward to getting him out and has high hopes for him. He was unlucky in his first chasing experience at Newbury on Saturday where he was shunted across the track by the winner and had to be
switched, losing more ground that he was beaten by. Next time.

Willmount

After his highly impressive debut he failed miserably in the Challow at Newbury. It’s reported that the vets have identified a possible reason which can be sorted. Hope that’s right and not just wishful thinking. He did look special the first time, so best not write him off just yet.

So, it's three runs in bumpers runs for Ambion View and entered for a fourth this week. Surely won't run.

This one's game will be chasing, won't it, BJ?

Obviously been a change in plans, since he’s still bumping along. Haven’t seen anything to suggest why.

Back