Aftertiming thread

Great stuff., Sim.

I had Elixir on its own as I had a vision Jonbon would have an off day, but couldn't get anything else on my yankee.

I hope things pick up for me soon!

Last edited:
Had a splendid day today with 5 winners.

Capodanno 8/1
Elixir de nuts 40/1
Kerry hill 8/1
Annual invictus 20/1
Noble Yeats 3/1

Enjoying a few whiskies tonight as a result.

Cracking picks there Simmo, the liquid reward more than justified.

Last edited:
Massive bit of after timing but only because I’ve been is such appalling form for the last few months. So apologies for not sharing!

I finally had a nice winner picked (as I thought it was nicely plotted) Sans Bruit.....came over from France, two runs in hurdles then just touched off in a Chase. In off a feather weight and Bryony doing what she does best...judged the pace to perfection. It opened at 20s, quickly into 11s which I took and then ended up 5-1. I’m happy...for now!:D

Tuned in to watch the opener at Sandown, which I hadn't looked at beforehand, to find Helnwein engaged and blue at oddschecker.

I backed this in the Dovecote because the trainer usually sends his better novices there and, at that point, it held an engagement in the Supreme despite a lowly rating.

So I decided to take it ew (7 places) at SP with Sky to small stakes but the winnings have covered me completely for the day.

Chuffed.

(Hopefully the new layout for the forum won't also attract the old vitriol towards aftertiming. The forum has been so much better since aftertiming became largely acceptable.)

Well done...and after timing is hugely important. I often back very late on so don’t have time to post beforehand. So yes it will be aftertiming. But who cares? If someone on here has had a nice win, that’s great!

I’m currently having a rubbish run. Including of sitting here saying “Fantastic Lady looks....fantastic!” Did I back her? Nope. And she’s in my forum ten to follow.....😭

Tuned in to watch the opener at Sandown, which I hadn't looked at beforehand, to find Helnwein engaged and blue at oddschecker.

I backed this in the Dovecote because the trainer usually sends his better novices there and, at that point, it held an engagement in the Supreme despite a lowly rating.

So I decided to take it ew (7 places) at SP with Sky to small stakes but the winnings have covered me completely for the day.

Chuffed.

(Hopefully the new layout for the forum won't also attract the old vitriol towards aftertiming. The forum has been so much better since aftertiming became largely acceptable.)
A guy on sporting life put this up last night at a big price so when I saw it being backed I joined in just before the race so it's helped cover my bets and just before the Haydock race I backed Earls boosted on ladbrokes to 18/5.
So a good day now.

Here's my contribution to the thread. All week I've been thinking that Minella Cocooner would be the one for me. Was invited out for lunch & only just made the race but for some reason I decided to change my allegiance so had a (meal-paying-for) bet @ 4.0 on Nick Rockett in the 3 place market - happy(ish) days!

Here's my contribution to the thread. All week I've been thinking that Minella Cocooner would be the one for me. Was invited out for lunch & only just made the race but for some reason I decided to change my allegiance so had a (meal-paying-for) bet @ 4.0 on Nick Rockett in the 3 place market - happy(ish) days!
I share your pain. My first thought was that Townend has picked the wrong one but then abandoned Minella Cocooner and backed Nick Rockett instead. Each way so no real harm done. But just another take of woe after Steel Ally surely used up too much energy at the start. They may not have seen which way he went if he’d behaved. Then Terresita falling when looking in command didn’t help either. Day rescued a bit by Jonbon though

On paper and according to the experts Eve Johnson Houghton's Robusto looked the clear pick in the 2.10 at Southwell

Opened at evens and some bookies went 10/11 suddenly the horse starts drifting like a barge and even gets matched at a massive 4/1 on the machine.

Horse breaks fine but fully 3 furlongs out when other's haven't even started to get serious the distress signal start. Horse loses place after place and finishes stone last beaten 50 lengths.

Obviously something was amiss BEFORE they went to post and everyone KNEW but she still allowed the horse to run and to hell with anyone who backed the horse.

Surely the stewards will go after her for making a mockery of the game and blatantly allowing a horse to run that was clearly unfit to do so

On paper and according to the experts Eve Johnson Houghton's Robusto looked the clear pick in the 2.10 at Southwell

Opened at evens and some bookies went 10/11 suddenly the horse starts drifting like a barge and even gets matched at a massive 4/1 on the machine.

Horse breaks fine but fully 3 furlongs out when other's haven't even started to get serious the distress signal start. Horse loses place after place and finishes stone last beaten 50 lengths.

Obviously something was amiss BEFORE they went to post and everyone KNEW but she still allowed the horse to run and to hell with anyone who backed the horse.

Surely the stewards will go after her for making a mockery of the game and blatantly allowing a horse to run that was clearly unfit to do so
Don't hold your breath waiting, Tanlic.

Back