Aftertiming thread

Crikey. I’ve just looked at the trainer/jockey combo. Who is C Lee? I think I’ve seen him on race cards and with my terrible eyesight assumed it was Graham Lee. I think we need to keep this to ourselves, though. Interesting to see how the trainer gets on at Chelmsford tonight.

Clifford Lee, being around for years, initially started with Ed Walker and currently rides mostly for Karl Burke and the assocaition with Carroll goes back about 12 months

..and Giggsy has been mentioning Clifford Lee's current run of 'form' for days.

PS Personally I don't believe in jockey 'form'. Yes, some may ride with different levels of confidence at times. But most often, hot runs just coincide with the trainer form...and Tony Carroll is one of those that can have hot spells. Bezzas Lad just done by a neck or so at 40s last night.

Last edited:
Just come in from doing the horses and checked my Betfair account to find out that my treble has gone in (£92 for a £1)...nice :) (Solo, Our Power and Rubaud)....that will help with the Cheltenham ticket!

Had a feeling they’d allow Harry Cobden a soft lead so had a bit on Stage Star at 10/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a feeling they’d allow Harry Cobden a soft lead so had a bit on Stage Star at 10/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were some good markers for the stable yesterday, too. Thyme White may well have been heavily involved at the line...and Captain Teague showed he's potentially top class for the next 3-4 years by getting in amongst the Irish bumper horses. It may well only have been relative inexperience and never been properly tested that cost him.

Lovely little plot job by the master that is Tony Martin. Two runs over 2m either side of a 3m run presumably to get the qualification?

And it would have been extremely rude not to have had a quid ew at 80s on exchanges on Dashel Drasher as I know the owners well...:whistle:

Never leave a Black Sam Bellamy alone in a bumper! Now that's how to win a big Newbury bumper.

PS and Dartmoor Pirate was there just over a furlong out for the forecast. Couldn't see it through, but don't forget the name if AH brings him out in another one.

Last edited:
Blueking D'oroux is proof even PN hasn't got a clue at times:)........a rare 50/1 winner from Ditcheat and a nice 400/1 fc. Hope whoever does the winner had at least a couple of quid on.:lol:

Blueking D'oroux is proof even PN hasn't got a clue at times:)........a rare 50/1 winner from Ditcheat and a nice 400/1 fc. Hope whoever does the winner had at least a couple of quid on.:lol:

If there’s one thing I hate it’s being beaten by a 50/1 shot, especially when I’ve drifted out from 7/2 to 15/2 and ESPECIALLY when the winner is out of the same stable.

Last edited:
Just came here to do my usual and was amused to see the above horse was second. I had him in an ew Acca with Apple Away...only paying a small amount. Anyway I went to check my account and I realised that I had backed Punctuation this morning and he’d come in at 40-1 :lol:

Ive had a great day...Fennor Cross, Pic d’Orhy and In the Pocket plus a small double on the last two. So having an alright Aintree so far :<3:

Just came here to do my usual and was amused to see the above horse was second. I had him in an ew Acca with Apple Away...only paying a small amount. Anyway I went to check my account and I realised that I had backed Punctuation this morning and he’d come in at 40-1 :lol:

Ive had a great day...Fennor Cross, Pic d’Orhy and In the Pocket plus a small double on the last two. So having an alright Aintree so far :<3:

I did Punctuation as well Jin,nice drift.

Back