Top Goalscorer

I`m probably in a minority of 1 on here but I don`t think Wellbeck is anywhere near as bad as many make out. He reminds me very much of Sturridge before signing for Liverpool. Give the lad a fair run in his preferred position and I think he would prove you all wrong;).

My own betting guidelines for the World Cup are:
1. In Europe, back a European side or a previous winner.
2. Back a South American country or a previous winner if the tournament is in a country that has played in the Copa America.
3. Never back against the Germans.
4. A player who scores in one World Cup will probably score in another.

Brazil or Argentina to win the tournament but Thomas Muller at 33/1 is a decent price for top goalscorer, particularly if, as I expect, they get through to the semis.
:cool:

I had €160 e/w @ 11/2 Thomas Muller with Boyles this evening. They are top price and 4 places. The win part is an arb on Betfair and the place part is a big arb on Betfair.

I had €160 e/w @ 11/2 Thomas Muller with Boyles this evening. They are top price and 4 places. The win part is an arb on Betfair and the place part is a big arb on Betfair.

Is he fit? Looked like he'd smashed his cheekbone up in the dying seconds of the Ghana game?

Benzema could be almost home and hosed.
The game against Honduras, the shot off the post that hit the keeper and went in. Switzerland missed pen and then that goal that was disallowed as the ref blew for fuill time.

He is crap, but I expected him to get a few in the group (should have had 6), and I expect France to reach the semis at least so he should get a couple more at least.

I've just had a couple of each way (top 4) bets in this. Muller is a crazy price at 33/1 especially given his record in the last two World Cups. Top scorer in one, and runner up in the other. In addition you'd expect Germany to go a very long way, and for Muller to be more than half way there by the end of the group stage. A similar sentiment is there for Cavani at 25/1. He's been in outstanding goal scoring form this season, and Uruguay look as though they may score plenty in their group. Both are overpriced with the market being made by too many players that have no chance in my opinion.

For any of the outside bets you're probably looking at the dead-heat price with several scoring 4. Essentially, Spain look to be in the weakest quarter and, although they tend to share the goals around, 100/1 about David Silva seems a decent price.
Looking at the top of the betting, Griezmann at 12/1 will certainly give you a run for your money.

Looking deeper into the markets, if you fancy Griezmann, a decent bet might be do both Brazil to win/Griezmann top scorer and Germany/Griezmann both at 80/1.

Lewandowski for me, handy group,on pens, awesome in qualifying and scored two in their last prep match. 33/1 seems more than generous.

Back