The Gardening Thread

We were lucky enough to be the first owners of my house - when I moved in the garden was 3ft high grass and very little shelter. So pretty much everything that you can see is my own doing.

Here's another couple of photos from this beautiful morning starting with the view from the living room window - bluebells framed by glowing cytisus.

IMG_20240517_105309665.jpg

And 13yo Korean Fir - I think you can probably see the purple cones on it if you zoom in to the top. Actually that photo hasn't come out too well, I'll take one once the sun has moved round a bit.

You've been there a long time, Simmo. I love that concept - the garden is part of you and you're part of it. I think that obviously becomes more intense as both age. But it's something you begin to nurture even with a new garden on a blank canvas, or one you take over and adapt.

This time of year, when the new candles appear on the pines, and the firs are covered with new growth combined with older cones, is a magic time. Some fantastic specimens, Simmo

This time of year, when the new candles appear on the pines, and the firs are covered with new growth combined with older cones, is a magic time. Some fantastic specimens, Simmo
Yes, probably my favourite time - think it has to do with the regeneration after the bareness of winter.

Back