Saturdays musings

Outsider

Rookie
CAP DU NORD 225 A 9/2...1st
There is a race next week at kempton worth over 25000 more that Cap du nord won last year but is hcapped to win this and still win again next week.
I had an email from DO this morning and he tipped it as well and pointed out that if Frodon runs next week then Cap du nord would be out of the weights so a penalty wont make a difference and could put a claimer on anyway.
PHOENIX WAY is another one I like in it but although it has been running well over shorter I was hoping it might run at Cheltenham in the plate...5th
In that kempton race last year PW took a very heavy fall.

240H FORTESCUE...5th ran well in the Becher chase over the national fences before getting bogged down in the Welsh national
If the Grand national is the plan then he might need to win to get in.
CLOUDY GLEN ...3rddont know what to expect from him but won the Hennessey after a long lay off so maybe first time out is the time to do it,but it is a gamble and FORTESCUE will be my main bet.

PETITE TONNIERE 300A 8/1 his last run can be forgiven has he was badly hampered and made a bad mistake.earlier was 2nd to RED RISK giving that one 2lb and RR is fancied for the coral cup...5th
Venetia horse looks a danger....B]

MY SILVER LINING 450W 9/1 the step up in trip looks a positive step.
Pity there is only 7 runners but it will do for me....1st

PARTY BUSINESS 318 H a pertemps qualifier so needs to finish in the first 4.finished 4th or 5th in the m.pipe last year before winning over 3m at aintree. Top weight tomorrow so doesnt need to win .5th

A good day overall.
Cap du nord was the main bet and did it well. 5 horses finished 5th and anyone backing with skybet would have got paid out.
The icing on the cake was My Silver Lining.a big rule 4 but I got greedy(luckily) and backed it at 12/1 boosted to 13/1 to win by 8+lenghts and it won easing down by 9L.

Back