Chester cup day

Outsider

Rookie
I did zoffee 16/1 a/p and 8ve added. too friendly 20/1.ive been a fan of this horse for a while.used to be trained by Skelton and in my alerts I put "will win" and it eventually did but that was over hurdles.im not convinced though that this distance is right.
But it has improved.
in the first race I've done my old favourite
Boardman and managed 12/1 and 14s in a triple.has been backed.
At Cork in the 550 I have to stick with
Earls 13/2 although this is its highest rating.i struggle to understand trainers ruining a good mark for lower money.this is a 50000euro race and he's 5lb higher.maybe they think it is good enough.i hope so.

other alerts running tomorrow
Spanish tenor 625c. 10yr old hasn't run since September
Greatness awaits 415c. Ben pauling can't really recommend it though.
Passenger 305c obvious chance.....1st
Count d'orsay 605r its anybodies guess with this one.
Double jump 435a. Not bred for 7f
Grand city Hall 515c ew chance...1st

I put Rhoscolyn up at 25s for the Victoria cup and then betfair went 33s so I went in again.
Ran a good race last time and is still well hcapped on his best form.
3rd in the Buckingham Palace off 103 now off 98.needs luck as they all do but 33/1 is a bit insulting imo.

Good luck.

Last edited:
My Super Yankee for the day -

1.30 Boardman
2.35 Botanical
3.05 Passenger
3.40 The Shunter
4.50 Leap Year Lad

Good luck all.

2.35 - I was sure I took 9/2 Botanical on Wednesday but I'm not seeing it any of my accounts, which is annoying. Backed it now at 5/2

3.05 - I was too late to get the 8/1 on Wednesday about Royal Rhyme but I did get 13/2 and thought that was value but I see it's been taken out. I thought Passenger was the main danger but I have too much respect for Israr to back the former at short odds. I'm just letting the race go now.

3.40 - As I said on the longshot thread, I took 66s The Grand Visir the other day. My other longshot is Spirit Mixer which I see has come in to 25/1 and shorter. I think Zoffee is the percentage call but I've taken Grand Providence as my main bet in the hope it can improve past it, with enough on Zoffee to cover them all.

3.40 - As I said on the longshot thread, I took 66s The Grand Visir the other day. My other longshot is Spirit Mixer which I see has come in to 25/1 and shorter. I think Zoffee is the percentage call but I've taken Grand Providence as my main bet in the hope it can improve past it, with enough on Zoffee to cover them all.

TGV wasn't really there to win. The Ascot Stakes, maybe.

Spirit Mixer got a very poor ride, out the bac off a slow pace and never got into it.

But they were outsiders and not too much expected of them.

Grand Providence did nowt wrong really but just didn't make as much improvement as I'd hoped.

Zoffee pretty much did what he does, ran his race and deserved the win. Pleasantly surprised with the SP considering how it had shortened from the other day. He's covered for the race but not quite the day.

Well done Outsider on bagging the winner early and getting the nice price.

Back