Thread: Nervous Chase Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Fvckin kiss of death.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Great call those opposing MoveWithTheTimes

Thanks
    I think it's time to resurrect the hounds of the game thread. MWTT is an absolute dog.

SlimChance
    Stratford 1.40 is right good match race and I'm having a proper bet today. Thomas Campbell takes on Stowaway Magic over 2m 4f. He was running over 3 miles over hurdles. Stowaway Magic has a rogues formbook over fences with three short price defeats trading low in running each time but it's wrong to label him a hound. His run 7 days ago in Carlisle looks really strong form and he battled all the way to the line. He'll go to the front today and if Thomas Campbell gets outpaced or puts in a slow one at any stage he's getting beat.

I'd have Stowaway Magic favourite and am trying to get matched at 2.2 on Matchbook.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimChance For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (1st November 2018)

SlimChance
    Got matched at 5/4. very happy with that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Got matched at 5/4. very happy with that.
    He should be winning now anyway!!

SlimChance
    Very frustrating. Was really looking forward to seeing that match.

Thanks
    Henderson is a pain in the arse with his novice chasers. Withdrawn because of unsuitable ground yet the ground is officially Good and the race was run in something like 12 seconds slower than standard, albeit the winner wasn't fully extended.

Thomas Campbell's best form has come on ground with Good in the description and his worst when the going was testing. I'm not quite sure what Nicky wanted, yet he's always moaning about lack of opportunity for his novice chasers.

Still, R4 worked to the advantage of backers of the winner as his SP was 1/16.
    Last edited by wilsonl; 1st November 2018 at 3:57 PM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    Henderson is a pain in the arse with his novice chasers. Withdrawn because of unsuitable ground yet the ground is officially Good and the race was run in something like 12 seconds slower than standard, albeit the winner wasn't fully extended.

Thomas Campbell's best form has come on ground with Good in the description and his worst when the going was testing. I'm not quite sure what Nicky wanted, yet he's always moaning about lack of opportunity for his novice chasers.

Still, R4 worked to the advantage of backers of the winner as his SP was 1/16.
    I bet it on Matchbook for 1k at 2.252. My winnings were €10 minus 0.08c commission. Borderline fraud how they calculate deductions.

Thanks
    I bet it on Matchbook for 1k at 2.252. My winnings were €10 minus 0.08c commission. Borderline fraud how they calculate deductions.
    Wow, I backed it @ 5/4 and still got 50% ROI

Thanks
    FFS, that's criminal
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

SlimChance
    Wetherby 1.55

Rocky's Treasure has to concede a double penalty but at 4.3 on the exchanges I'm happy to be on. I'm not sure what to make of Poetic Rhythm. He's built for chasing but I reckon he's a long term prospect rather than one to be taking 11/10 about. Crucial Role is probably the right price. He is similarly rated to Rocky Treasure over hurdles but what he lacks in experience is made up with getting 12lb off RT. My angle is more taking on the favourite who is awfully short based on his Challow Hurdle win.

Thanks
    I see it as a no bet race but if forced to choose I'd probably side with Crucial Role.

I agree with your reservations about the fav, and his form since Newbury has not been sparkling.

I'd be worried that Rocky's Treasure is having his third run in a month, it looks like they want to get him out again before the ground changes, and his jumping has been slightly ropy. His tendency to jump out to the right won't help his task of conceding 12 lbs.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I see it as a no bet race but if forced to choose I'd probably side with Crucial Role.

I agree with your reservations about the fav, and his form since Newbury has not been sparkling.

I'd be worried that Rocky's Treasure is having his third run in a month, it looks like they want to get him out again before the ground changes, and his jumping has been slightly ropy. His tendency to jump out to the right won't help his task of conceding 12 lbs.
    Can't really disagree with any of that only to say that the fav is such a bad price you could make a fair case for either. I just rather the experience of Rocky Treasure over the weight concession to Crucial Role.

SlimChance
    The Rocky Treasure price has fallen apart with the fav getting bigger and bigger. Not surprising.

SlimChance
    Straight match now with Crucial Role a NR. All in Rocky Treasure. Use a 12 Inch nail.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimChance For This Useful Post:

Double J (2nd November 2018)

Thanks
    Great stuff

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Grey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 2017diary For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Straight match now with Crucial Role a NR. All in Rocky Treasure. Use a 12 Inch nail.
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to swedish chef For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I love you Slim