Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Road To The 2018 Champion Chase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Still beating the Yanworth drum?

Boat!

Generally though, I agree - a good season is in store. Hopefully we have fewer falling by the wayside, than we did last season.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    UDS was more of a head banger back in the day though. He didnt look to be stopping at Cheltenham and I would think that ground conditions will suit him that bit better at Kempton

I'd have preferred to see him last year take it on to be honest, he has had a fair bit of racing now and if MB is what he was at Kempton last year, there won't be much stopping him
    Even when UDS is being held-up, it's only a matter of time before he bullies his way to the front.

The scenario I run through my head is that UDS tries to take-on MB at the head of affairs. In that scenario, I cannot see UDS getting home. Way I see it, he will have to expend too much energy too quickly, just to keep himself in the race. I'm not saying he is a complete no-hoper - far from it, in fact. On any measure, UDS is a very high-class chaser, that would be fully-entitled to take his chance at Kempton, should connections choose to go down that path. But if that is their decision, then he is likely to find himself running in an a very-high-class edition of the race, where every weakness will be exposed. There are just very-few scenarios in which I can see UDS winning.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post

Generally though, I agree - a good season is in store. Hopefully we have fewer falling by the wayside, than we did last season.
    On the forum or the track?

and yes Yanworth is a mincer
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Does anyone know UDS’s breeding? Would he stay 3 miles? Sprinter was actually bred to stay the distance but was never risked. UDS is a fantastically underrated horse: only a Sprinter Sacre away from completing a Festival hat trick.