Page 949 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 4498498999399449459469479489499509519529539549599991049 ... LastLast
Results 18,961 to 18,980 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    Charli Parcs interests me in the Greatwood.
    On a line through Claimon.... he's close to Western Ryder who is a fair bit shorter and I think you could argue that as a horse who goes well fresh he may not have been at his best at Ayr.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    There will be horses who have been plotted up for this race from after their flat maidens three years ago, ucchhmm: Nietzsche).
    I can't believe you're being serious with that remark, Marble, even if it did win.

Have a wee think about exactly what you're saying.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was clearly exaggerating DO, to emphasize why Verdana Blue would probably run into a place, but bump into a better handicapped horse on Sunday, which he did.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Clanger View Post
    Was on the 4 places with skybet ffs - but yrs one to look out for. Yala enki the definition of a perennial misfit ! wrong course , wrong going, sky high in weights - surefire winner we should have seen

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    DelusionOfGrandeur could run at your local track Haydock on Saturday Geoff in the 3:35, The Betfair Handicap Chase. He has been dropped four pounds which is good, has had the fitness sharpener. 20/1 top price with Ladbrokes in the anti post market. I may have a sporting bet on.
    Last edited by Marb; 20th November 2018 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks
    I'm sorely tempted to oppose Scotland tonight (v Israel) at odds-on.

A small number of players are carrying the side but they're overall a pretty poor side with a lot of high-profile call-offs due to the manager's poor handling of some situations and ill-judged comments.

Beating Albania away 0-4 looks good on paper but we were seriously flattered by the result. They got a man sent off fairly early and we got a penalty for nothing. The only good thing about the performance was Forrest's goal.

Robertson is the only long-term player. McGregor in goals was reprieved after disgracing himself a number of years ago and was banned from ever playing again... until McLeish got the job. Brown retired from international football for the second time after Strachan quit. Tierney and several other first-team regulars are out injured (they say...) while the rumours abound that they're refusing to play for McLeish. I've heard further whispers that McLeish's mental health is in question but don't know whether to believe them. He's certainly even less articulate now than in his first stint.

Israel are no great shakes but neither are we and it's a game that could go either way, I reckon. Whoever gets the breaks on the night will probably win and maybe it will be Scotland with home advantage and foul weather but they're certainly not betting material in my opinion.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 20th November 2018 at 8:16 PM.

Thanks
    Dont think hes good enough for that one Martin, politologue a better outsider i think - am going the meeting, always a good one. Any1 else going ?

Post edit: ahh sorry the handicap, yes defo be on that if hes on

Last edited by Tiny Clanger; 20th November 2018 at 9:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Reckon Flaming Spear 6.40K 7/2 will have too much toe for Straight Right, and he looks the bet in this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Tiny Clanger (21st November 2018)

Thanks
    Dont think hes good enough for that one Martin, politologue a better outsider i think - am going the meeting, always a good one. Any1 else going ?

Politologue going to Ascot

https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...e-dream/354554

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

Tiny Clanger (21st November 2018)

Thanks
    No (punter) value there for politologue at Ascot

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Reckon Flaming Spear 6.40K 7/2 will have too much toe for Straight Right, and he looks the bet in this.
    Nice one, reet

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Desperate Dan For This Useful Post:

reet hard (21st November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Cheers, DD.

Thanks
    Ascot 2.40
    Cover de Mai looks to have a decent each way chance here. He won’t mind the ground but a slight concern that Harry Skelton rides the dodge pot Value at Risk. Hopefully nothing in that and they prefer to claim the 10lb off CdM. Happy to take the chance at 9/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I've taken the three favourites in the last three handicaps at Ascot.

It's very unlike me to be backing favourites but the truth is that I don't look at the betting until after I've done the form.

All three strike me as good favourites.

Royal Regatta has clearly had his issues but is on a winnable mark having beaten Kylemore Lough at levels in the Stella race at this meeting two years ago. He has a King George entry which suggests he’s not disappointing at home.

Minella Daddy was my main bet in the Whitbread and this race is a long way off that level. Whatever happened at Sandown I don't know but he was never going.

Chatez has a similar advantage over the field as Speedo Boy did at the weekend based on his Flat ability. He just needs to prove he can translate it back over hurdles.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Delusionofgrandeur one of six declared, Geoff. Into 8/1 now.
    Last edited by Marb; 23rd November 2018 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post

Chatez has a similar advantage over the field as Speedo Boy did at the weekend based on his Flat ability. He just needs to prove he can translate it back over hurdles.
    Flying Tiger interested me as he's on a workable mark now but he needs a big field really, or at least a couple of front runners.

Thanks
    I've taken the three favourites in the last three handicaps at Ascot.

It's very unlike me to be backing favourites but the truth is that I don't look at the betting until after I've done the form.

All three strike me as good favourites.

Royal Regatta has clearly had his issues but is on a winnable mark having beaten Kylemore Lough at levels in the Stella race at this meeting two years ago. He has a King George entry which suggests he’s not disappointing at home.

Minella Daddy was my main bet in the Whitbread and this race is a long way off that level. Whatever happened at Sandown I don't know but he was never going.

That was difficult viewing but it at least reminded me of why I don't usually bet on non-TV races.

Roddy might tell us otherwise but it looked to me like Minella Daddy ran similarly to the Whitbread, never seemingly enjoying it and I wonder if he dislikes being on the inside of other horses. On top of that, the number of times Bowen never asked him to find a stride was shocking. His future engagements will be interesting.

Regal Regatta was only there for the exercise after all. Lots of tell-tale signs that he wasn't there to win long before he lost his place. No doubt he'll be a much bigger price next time as a result of this.

Chatez was a big disappointment. Jolly's Cracked it had the winning of the race on his best form but nowhere near the prospects of Chatez's recent Flat figures. Had Chatez not been in the race I could have fancied JCI in the same way that I fancied Royal Regatta but these illustrate the chances you take backing horses coming back after absences.

Not a good day.

Thanks
    That was difficult viewing but it at least reminded me of why I don't usually bet on non-TV races.

Roddy might tell us otherwise but it looked to me like Minella Daddy ran similarly to the Whitbread, never seemingly enjoying it and I wonder if he dislikes being on the inside of other horses. On top of that, the number of times Bowen never asked him to find a stride was shocking. His future engagements will be interesting.

Regal Regatta was only there for the exercise after all. Lots of tell-tale signs that he wasn't there to win long before he lost his place. No doubt he'll be a much bigger price next time as a result of this.

Chatez was a big disappointment. Jolly's Cracked it had the winning of the race on his best form but nowhere near the prospects of Chatez's recent Flat figures. Had Chatez not been in the race I could have fancied JCI in the same way that I fancied Royal Regatta but these illustrate the chances you take backing horses coming back after absences.

Not a good day.
    Last weekend was the worst weekend I've ever had betting. You're one of the best on this forum and no doubt you'll be flying high again.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Double J For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (23rd November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanks, DJ.

Hopefully tomorrow when just about everything should be trying in the bigger races.

Thanks
    I'm big on the First Assignment/Might Bite double tomorrow. So seeing First Assignment posted in 'Will Win' makes me ever so slightly more nervous.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    I'm big on the First Assignment/Might Bite double tomorrow. So seeing First Assignment posted in 'Will Win' makes me ever so slightly more nervous.
    Me too.