Thread: York meeting day one

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries

York meeting day one

Golden Apollo (2:25) nailed on to run well on a mark of 95 with 8:12, at a track he knows well.
    Last edited by Marb; 13th May 2019 at 2:32 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Outsider (13th May 2019)

Thanks
    Hadn’t seen this but I put him up too on the Long Shot thread earlier Martin and took 33/1 5 Places so fingers crossed.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 874 Posts
    Cracking meeting, on what looks to be proper Summer ground.
    Breath Of Air got no sort of run in a better class Newmarket h'cap latest, but this extra furlong should be all in his favour and it's encouraging Ryan Moore sticks with him. Took 15/2 (4 places) Corals.
    Also backed Fujaira Prince (1.50) @ 9/2 in a couple of places earlier this week, but the price has been shot to bits since.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

jinnyj (14th May 2019)

Thanks
    Very decent card tomorrow and the opening handicap is full of horses who could go onto better things.

Fujaira Prince, First Eleven and Stealth Fighter probably head that list along with the one I’ve landed on; Crystal King. I’ll try not to repeat the same old tosh that always comes about Stoute 4 year olds but this one is related to several 120+ rated middle distance horses of recent years (including Crystal Ocean) from the Dam side and having Frankel as his sire is hardly a negative so I’d expect him to be running off significantly higher than 91 by the season’s end.

I’m surprised he’s as big as 7/1 and red on Oddschecker. The fav, for all his potential is not guaranteed to appreciate the extra 2f.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    Very decent card tomorrow and the opening handicap is full of horses who could go onto better things.

Fujaira Prince, First Eleven and Stealth Fighter probably head that list along with the one I’ve landed on; Crystal King. I’ll try not to repeat the same old tosh that always comes about Stoute 4 year olds but this one is related to several 120+ rated middle distance horses of recent years (including Crystal Ocean) from the Dam side and having Frankel as his sire is hardly a negative so I’d expect him to be running off significantly higher than 91 by the season’s end.

I’m surprised he’s as big as 7/1 and red on Oddschecker. The fav, for all his potential is not guaranteed to appreciate the extra 2f.
    Lots to agree upon, Wilsonl...

My take:

First Eleven, Fujaira Prince, Crystal King and Rare Groove fit that bill [likely big-improvers]. The first three are the first three in the market so there goes the value, leaving Rare Groove as the other punt [along with My Reward].

​I can't help thinking at least one of the 'big three' will have royal Ascot in mind and I wouldn't rule out a bounce from Fujaira Prince. I took Rare Groove ew this evening. If these four and My Reward are the first five home in any order I'll be happy with my evening's study.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

wilsonl (14th May 2019)

Thanks
    Deleted - double post.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 14th May 2019 at 8:36 PM.

Thanks
    Third and final bet for me is Zip @ 22/1 5 Places in the 4:05.

Richard Fahey does well at this meeting and there was a lot to like about he signed off last season. He wasn’t given a hard time at all and was good value for his 1.75 length victory and a 5lb rise could underestimate him especially as he’s been gelded since as Fahey has previous with bringing these 3yo’s out first time to show marked improvement after a gelding op.

Nicely down the bottom of the weights and potentially well drawn he’s too big a price to let go.

I’ve also put the three (Crystal King, Golden Apollo and Zip) in a big price e/w trixie. All 5 Places.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm expecting Yafta to win the 3:00 well. 4/1 taken.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    First Eleven, Fujaira Prince, Crystal King and Rare Groove fit that bill [likely big-improvers]. The first three are the first three in the market so there goes the value, leaving Rare Groove as the other punt [along with My Reward].

​I can't help thinking at least one of the 'big three' will have royal Ascot in mind and I wouldn't rule out a bounce from Fujaira Prince. I took Rare Groove ew this evening. If these four and My Reward are the first five home in any order I'll be happy with my evening's study.
    I want to see the race again but I'm pretty sure Crystal King was just out for the fresh air there.

Thanks
    I'll be interested in seeing the sectionals for the sprints at York today. It looks like they maybe went too fast up front in the DOY there.