Thread: Biggest racing news of the year/decade??

Thanks

Biggest racing news of the year/decade??

Thanks
    If this is true, US horses must be banned from running overseas until a full an thorough investigation has taken place. And also if you were Coolmore or Godolphin would you want to run your top horses over there in their big races knowing a blind eye will be turned if the home team cheat. Losing unfairly in this way has the potential for a significant negative impact on future breeding revenues for the overseas raiders.

Also what difference would it have made to the horses that finished second to Justify in the Triple Crown races. How much have their owners been cheated out of in prize money and future breeding revenues.

And don't forget Justify himself has claim to be the only unbeaten Triple Crown winner ever, which will have put some significant millions on to his stud value and into the pockets of those that have the breeding rights. Given the article you would assume that some very high profile people should be very nervous right now, because if true some big names are going to fall very heavily.

Just imagine what would happen over here if similar evidence was coming out that Frankel won his races after being doped and officials were turning a blind eye. Racing would never recover its credibility.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    There's more than a fair chance many horses here are doped outside of training.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Does not surprise me one little bit. Dollars Rule!
    I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
    Take a bow for the new revolution

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    There's more than a fair chance many horses here are doped outside of training.
    Probably true in most Countries to some degree, and whilst not right and something that could be policed better, what we're talking about here is very different. The accusation here is that Justify tested positive for a known and banned performance enhancer, and that it was covered up by the racing authorities. It also transpires that key figures of influence at the authority have links to the Baffert stable.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    Probably true in most Countries to some degree, and whilst not right and something that could be policed better, what we're talking about here is very different. The accusation here is that Justify tested positive for a known and banned performance enhancer, and that it was covered up by the racing authorities. It also transpires that key figures of influence at the authority have links to the Baffert stable.
    I agree we're not comparing apples here, Maruco. It wasn't my intention to suggest that we were.

But corruption, as we all know, isn't linked to just one sport, or one country or one governing authority.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That could be the end of US horse racing.
    I remember as a boy reading when Dancer's Image was disqualified in Kentucky Derby 1968 for failing a drug test the onwer spent until late 1973 trying to reverse the verdict.
    US Racing are having huge trouble with racehorse fractures all year that has seen race course closures and the suspension of Jerry Hollendorfer's licence in California over the death of four horses .
    The big Monmouth race was delayed a few hours during the heat wave at the request of the State Governor , public opinion stateside is anti racing and this won't help one bit.
    Ten years from now it will be no surprise to me if Talking Horses will be a virtual racing forum or a memory bank for old lads like myself to recall the good old days.
    Last edited by edgt; 12th September 2019 at 3:23 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have one for Portman park later. I'll tell you about it when I get on.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    It doesn’t surprise me one little bit. And it’s very, very wrong in my opinion. Both the administration of illegal substances and the subsequent cover-up.

And yes things do go on over here whilst training, that much I’m pretty certain of. And as I have said before, one particular US trainer who enjoys considerable success in this country particularly at Royal Ascot definitely does so with chemically enhanced animals.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Any idea what those chemicals are? Think I could use some, sorry, coat!
    I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
    Take a bow for the new revolution

Thanks
    Aren't they're more lax in the usa re drugs in racing anyway i.e. the use lasix.
    Last edited by pawras; 13th September 2019 at 9:28 AM.