Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37778283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1896

Thread: The Pointing Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    I went to this last year and its surprising how this course catches many pointers out with their jumping. I'd say its definitely a place for "horses for courses"

I know they fancy Robin des People (2nd race) on a flat track with good ground as I have interviewed connections the last twice he has won. Connor Brace is the lad I mentioned in a different thread - only 16 but a very competent rider and he just cruised round last time. Likewise the same connections have Pink Eyed Pedro in the next race and he's completely unexposed under rules. Trainer David Brace is a shrewd cookie and he's a good each way price. Master Baker would be my idea of the winner though.

Golden Hoof is a former NJH inmate and has been impressive the last twice but they are v sweet on Monsieur Gibraltor (Rose Loxton is Paul Nicholls Head Girl)

But Martin is truly the expert - I only know West Country form and its sometimes difficult to merge the Areas.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

2017diary (8th June 2018), Colin Phillips (8th June 2018), Desperate Dan (8th June 2018), swedish chef (8th June 2018), Therightroad (8th June 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Read that last word as Arses jinny...............senility?1
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    I went to this last year and its surprising how this course catches many pointers out with their jumping. I'd say its definitely a place for "horses for courses"

I know they fancy Robin des People (2nd race) on a flat track with good ground as I have interviewed connections the last twice he has won. Connor Brace is the lad I mentioned in a different thread - only 16 but a very competent rider and he just cruised round last time. Likewise the same connections have Pink Eyed Pedro in the next race and he's completely unexposed under rules. Trainer David Brace is a shrewd cookie and he's a good each way price. Master Baker would be my idea of the winner though.

Golden Hoof is a former NJH inmate and has been impressive the last twice but they are v sweet on Monsieur Gibraltor (Rose Loxton is Paul Nicholls Head Girl)

But Martin is truly the expert - I only know West Country form and its sometimes difficult to merge the Areas.
    Well done jimmy ����

Thanks
    Thanks Jinny - Great call
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks

He may be the expert but I'll take that sort of summary every time - WD

Thanks
    Ouch so unlucky with Master Baker Jinny
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Shame for Rose with Monsieur Gibraltar. But so pleased for the Braces. I spoke to David a couple of weeks ago when Robin last won and he was really only hoping that his grandson, Connor would have a safe season and maybe win the Wilkinson Sword trophy (a points based award). Instead he's taken the Novice Riders Championship with 21 winners including Robin des People, Pink Eyed Pedro, both on 5 wins and leading pointer, William Money who has won 7. He also stands Dr Massini, Vinnie Roe and Mountain High at his stud farm, Dunraven Stud.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

edgt (18th January 2019), swedish chef (9th June 2018)

Thanks
    Are you still around Martin? Could do with the Hunter chasers card marked!

Thanks
    Still around, not been much to go at the first two though.
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Is this Road to Rome much good? Can't see the winning streak continuing if the ground changes

Thanks
    Think it goes to Haydock next. Trainer thinks an awful lot of it. He's quite a character mind! (The trainer)

Thanks
    Trainer loves all his horses lol Joe is meant to be sending Irish Anthem to Haydock too so could be interesting.

Jockey bookings should be fine as presume Immy would be on IA and Tommie O'Brien Road To Rome.

Cousin Pete ran well in the Foxhunters last year but that was a huge career best effort. I backed Hazel Hill last night but not great value now.

IA & RTR's trainer likes Net D'Ecosse for what it's worth but it wouldn't be for me at the current price.

Martin
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irish Stamp For This Useful Post:

Beef or Salmon (21st January 2019), moehat (21st January 2019), Therightroad (21st January 2019), Turffan (21st January 2019)

Thanks
    Shame for Rose with Monsieur Gibraltar. But so pleased for the Braces. I spoke to David a couple of weeks ago when Robin last won and he was really only hoping that his grandson, Connor would have a safe season and maybe win the Wilkinson Sword trophy (a points based award). Instead he's taken the Novice Riders Championship with 21 winners including Robin des People, Pink Eyed Pedro, both on 5 wins and leading pointer, William Money who has won 7. He also stands Dr Massini, Vinnie Roe and Mountain High at his stud farm, Dunraven Stud.
    Lady at my gym told me her brother had a stud in Ireland what stood Vinnie Roe; must be that one then. Started keeping an eye on Vinnie Roes after that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    Lady at my gym told me her brother had a stud in Ireland what stood Vinnie Roe; must be that one then. Started keeping an eye on Vinnie Roes after that.
    ...Got confused; it's Longford House stud that her brother owns as he has Brian Boru as well...

Thanks
    Well done Martin...easy as

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Stand up and fight beaten today in the open
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Stand up and fight beaten today in the open
    What happened Granger?. There’s nothing on the RP yet and despite being pushed out to 5/1 by a couple of bookies he’s still generally 3/1 - 7/2 favourite with most firms for March
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Fenno's storm galloped him into the ground for trainer/rider Declan Queally.
    Stand Up and Fight travelled well into the race but was outbattled on the tough Kilfeacle circuit.

Fenno's takes plenty of stoking and likes plenty of give so the Tetratema could be the aim once again.

Burning Ambition form holding up well if his trainer can be persuaded to have a tilt at the Foxhunters.
    Last edited by redundant pal; 28th January 2019 at 5:21 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to redundant pal For This Useful Post:

wilsonl (28th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    BA should be out this weekend

The plan is still Aintree but a good showing might them.

He was ready to run Sunday but they decided to hold off for another week
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Belharbour is the only open this weekend so he might turn up there.

The hunter chase in which he finished second to Gilgamboa has been moved from Punchestown which would've been ideal timing for Cheltenham to the following weekend in Navan.

First they get frozen out from Leopardstown and now Punchestown. HRI race planning committee not too pushed about the hunter chase scene.