Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Noted in running - Flat 2022

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts

Noted in running - Flat 2022

Stormy Ocean - Odds-on, btn 3/4l at Wolves tonight, ran very fresh. The writing was on the wall as he spurned the chance to run in a 50k contest at Chelmsford on Thursday.
    He's better than he showed here, and worth watching for, nto.
    Last edited by reet hard; 30th March 2022 at 4:07 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

barjon (29th March 2022), Colin Phillips (29th March 2022)

Thanks
    Looking back to the Lincoln, Rogue Bear ran an extraordinary race to finish 3rd. Slow away, and out the back with 3 to run, he finished with a real rattle to be the only high drawn horse in the first 6. Something like the Newbury Spring Cup, often a Lincoln consolation, looks tailor-made for him, particularly if it's on kinder ground than Donny.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

barjon (30th March 2022), Colin Phillips (30th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Makeen, 4:25 Leicester - last at 2f out he came through only to have the gate shut in his face with 1/2f to go, lost a bit of momentum and switched. Finished 4th (best of those from off the pace) and would have been much closer with a clear run.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

reet hard (1st April 2022)

Thanks
    Post Impressionist 1.40 Notts Thurs - courtesy of Barjohn.
    260K purchase; bought unraced by Wm Haggas.
    Slw away.ran very green, out the back for first 7f then passed most to be 1l 2nd.
    Won't be double figures nto, but def one for rhe notebook.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

barjon (7th April 2022), Colin Phillips (7th April 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Looking back to the Lincoln, Rogue Bear ran an extraordinary race to finish 3rd. Slow away, and out the back with 3 to run, he finished with a real rattle to be the only high drawn horse in the first 6. Something like the Newbury Spring Cup, often a Lincoln consolation, looks tailor-made for him, particularly if it's on kinder ground than Donny.
    In the Spring Cup on Saturday. He went into my tracker also after the Lincoln but the problem is that race is so high profile it's difficult to get a price the next outing. The exception to this is if you can somehow get a Gosden/Frankie entrant to sweeten said odds. Bingo - 6/1 perfectly acceptable. Off the same mark also.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

reet hard (11th April 2022)

Thanks
    Cooperation Finished 4th at Windsor today. Drawn 1, and found his passage blocked for much of the race. Given one slap when in the clear, and not persevered with.
    Entered Thurs in a much better race, but hopefuly won't run.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (12th April 2022), Outsider (23rd April 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    INTELLOGENT 14/4 Newmarket 3:00

Held up. Didn’t get a clear run,baulked and lost momentum just when starting to move up. Did well to come through from there into second.

“Approximately 1 ½ furlongs out, WONDER ELMOSSMAN (IRE), unplaced, shifted quickly left away from the whip causing the rider of INTELLOGENT (IRE), placed second, to take a check but after viewing a recording of the incident, it was found that no riding offence was involved.”
    Last edited by barjon; 14th April 2022 at 6:21 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

Outsider (23rd April 2022), reet hard (14th April 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Nomadic Empire 23/4 Ripon Silver Sprint Trophy Handicap 5f, Class 2,

Bumped at start, raced at back, last off the bit, but having nowhere to go until inside final furlong from where he finished best of all into third from near last. Looked a really unlucky loser.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (23rd April 2022), Outsider (23rd April 2022), reet hard (24th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice to read about
    Cooperation
    Intellogent
    And Nomadic Empire as all 3 are in my alerts from last season.

BOARDMAN today.i thought that was a nice turn of foot to get up and win and could win a nice hcap.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    I fancied Boardman until I checked the trainer's record this season. No great shakes (now there's a name for a horse) so a fair chance that he'll step up considerably. The trainer might also just be starting to hit some kind of form.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Outsider (23rd April 2022)

Thanks
    The opener at Haydock yesterday was interesting. Highland Frolic finished best after losing a couple of lengths at the start in a fairly slowly run race. This was his first ever run and he was in the blinkers for Gosden. Obviously needs to grow up a bit but maybe one to keep an eye on.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    The opener at Haydock yesterday was interesting. Highland Frolic finished best after losing a couple of lengths at the start in a fairly slowly run race. This was his first ever run and he was in the blinkers for Gosden. Obviously needs to grow up a bit but maybe one to keep an eye on.
    Had the wunderkind Benoit dlS up, too - perhaps they had better than third in mind.

Thanks
    Just my opinion, but the way he was dropped in - off a funereal pace and wearing first-time blinds - suggest it was educational, rather than a serious attempt at the prize. Cost fortune as a yearling, sotinpot 8k raced aen' likely to be on the agenda, imo, of course.

Thanks
    Just my opinion, but the way he was dropped in - off a funereal pace and wearing first-time blinds - suggest it was educational, rather than a serious attempt at the prize. Cost a fortune as a yearlsng, so tinpot 8k raced aren't likely to be on the agenda, imo, of course.

Thanks
    Newmarket, 12 April, 10f 3yo handicap - This is the race I put on the new thread but I'd like to single out third-placed Israr for special mention.

The race comment says:

"... ran a promising race on this seasonal reappearance considering he looked burly enough in the paddock and didn't appear at all in love with the Dip. Out of Oaks and King George heroine Taghrooda, he looks set to relish 1m4f and can leave this behind."

The handicapper has left his mark [89] alone and the chances are that this is Group horse down the line. He might be very interesting if he can get into the King George V handicap at the royal meeting off this kind of mark.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Euronymous (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    I liked Definitive Force at Donny on Saturday. He lost a couple leaving the stalls and still won going away. Now, initially I wasn't gonna track him because he'd been running on the AW and is handled by a trainer I've not heard of but a bit of digging seems to suggest that Alice Haynes might be an up and comer and tbf he was gelded after his last run on the sand.

Thanks
    Alice Haynes is one of the 'Rising Stars' in the 2022 Timeform Horses to Follow book.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Euronymous (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Marbuzet in the 5.45 Wetherby yesterday.

I wrote him up before the race thus:

Trip-wise it's into the unknown but there's staying blood on the dam side. I originally thought that sire Farhh doesn't get stayers but I was wrong there; there are progeny that have won over this distance.

I've looked at his final run last season at Nott and he ran a stout race, staying on. He's been gelded since and he looks nicely tucked away down the weights there. The trainer is not averse to scoring early - season in this sort of race

Well, over the 1m6f , he was ridden patiently but then closed up ominously ready to come and make his challenge. Unfortunately he met trouble on a couple of occasions after and was out f the money. Has gone down in my trackers.
    Last edited by yorick; 25th April 2022 at 11:04 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to yorick For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    RUMSTAR Windsor 5:25. 33/1 last night, opened 16/1 today, sp 10/1.

Jonathan Portman pre-race comments:
    Rumstar is only little but he has shown a degree of professionalism in work at home and looks ready for an outing. He is sure to come on for the run as my two-year-old runners tend to but we do like him. His mother was tough and fast and his sire has had a good start.

In the race itself RUMSTAR was slowly away, raced mid-field from half way looking easy, but with not much space in front of him. Responded well when Probert put his foot down before the final furlong, finishing like a train, but just unable to get there by a head.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (25th April 2022), reet hard (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanks BJ; nb: it wasn't a strong pace, and though he looks a certain winner in the near future, I wouldn't bet him unless, over a sharp 5, and on similar gound.
    JMO, mind
    Last edited by reet hard; 25th April 2022 at 7:32 PM.