Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Frost vs Dunne

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries

Frost vs Dunne

Somewhat surprised that we don't appear to have a thread for this (unless I've missed it?).

Whatever the outcome of the enquiry, if the evidence presented to date is in any way accurate, Robbie Dunne comes across as a thoroughly unpleasant individual who could probably do with some psychiatric help.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 1st December 2021 at 6:16 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    An alpha dressing room where the senior jockeys did not see fit to stand in

A reflection on them also

This is of course based on the premise that what is being reported is true or even mostly true
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    I read through it from yesterday and it doesn’t sound pleasant. Regardless of how things used to be done, it is unacceptable these days to make threats like that not to mention the choice language.

Years ago I worked for a Flat trainer and we had some three year olds which he decided needed schooling to perk them up. As I was a rarity at the time in that I knew how school a horse (bearing in mind it was a Flat yard), I was picked to school them...with Richard Dunwoody. The lad who looked after the horse I was down to school was not my biggest fan on a good day. And he was furious that I had been given this privilege. So he snarled something at me as I went to get my tack along the lines of “don’t fall off...” and I thought at that instance to check my tack. The stitching joining the reins to the bit had been cut with a knife. Had I not checked, the reins would have undoubtably broken and god knows what would have happened. Of course I reported it and was told to stop my tittle tattle.....

So yeah I am 100% behind Bryony on this one. I can imagine exactly what she has had to endure.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    We've all worked with someone like that, I reckon. [Ie, GH's opening post - looks like Granger and Jinnyj were posting as I was typing]

Nowadays targets of such behaviour are more likely to act and get something done, thankfully.

I suspect other riders, both male and female, need to look at themselves and ask if they're doing enough to root out inappropriate behaviour towards colleagues.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 1st December 2021 at 6:04 PM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    The omerta is disappointing here

BF is obviously not liked by her colleagues but this isnt a case of sitting on your thumbs

We joke (even if it is true) that the standard of British jockeyship is poor. It appears that as people they are weak too and a culture like this was allowed to fester
    Last edited by granger; 1st December 2021 at 6:26 PM.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Racing has for a long time been closed shop. You didn’t raise issues like this. But why not? It has gone on far, far too long. And it’s nothing to do with Bryony being woke or whiny. She’s just saying it as it is.

If you complained about an issue, you were invariably blacklisted and trainers closed ranks against you. I was sub poenaed in a court case that went to the High Court. And because I stood up and told the truth in a clear case of negligence against a trainer, I struggled to get a job afterwards. What else was I supposed to do? It was the High Court and it was pretty berludy terrifying!

Thanks
    Frost is dating a Mullins and riding for Nicholls. Dunne be lucky to get rides again. One winner here no matter what the verdict is
    Last edited by Double J; 1st December 2021 at 7:02 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Frost is dating a Mullins and riding for Nicholls. Dunne be lucky to get rides again. One winner here no matter what the verdict is
    Her and Harry Cobden are an item!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Not sure about that. Bryony has already said in court "To me personally speaking the isolation I've found from speaking out, I wouldn't wish on anyone," and it’s a crying shame that should be the case.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbet View Post
    No think they broke up a while ago.

Thanks
    Think they didn't make it to date 2 from what Cobden has said in the past, which I can well believe. Whatever the outcome very easy to have what's known as 'bystander apathy' in these sorts of cases, that is no one does/says anything until others do. 'Senior' jockeys may need to look to themselves in situations such as being described, but 'less senior' jockeys should feel they can speak out with no negative consequences against them. If someone flashed themselves in the street at a young girl, people would be on them in a flash - no pun intended.
    Obviously don't know her personally, but think maybe dislike of Bryony is petty jealousy. She wears her heart on her sleeve when talking about the horses she rides, and the world of racing is all the better for it imho.
    The 'world' of horse racing/breeding is ridiculously insular, it's all who you know not what you know, and that also has to change and bring themselves into the modern world, but can't see that happening for a long time.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Not normally one to give a f*ck about the legality of these things but I’d say we, as forumites, need to be careful of what is posted during an ongoing trial such as this and the other one.

It’s not like jockey’s are shy of pursuing matters right now
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Horrendous article by Mottorshead in todays Racing Post -not even pretending to be unbiased.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Horrendous article by Mottorshead in todays Racing Post -not even pretending to be unbiased.
    Quite used to seeing Mottershead and horrendous article put together recently.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbet View Post
    Seeing Patrick Mullins I think.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Tylicki Vs Gibbons..

Anybody know who the "Senior Jockey" who threatened Gibbons was?
    Last edited by an capall; 1st December 2021 at 11:25 PM.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Both cases are pretty grim reading for the sport it has to be said.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    what was the gist of it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    what was the gist of it?
    If Luke means today’s article - She was questioned although in the dock - and it wasn’t comfortable viewing - I can’t see how it was horrendous. It is, after all, about Bryony’s evidence in court so bound to reflect that side of the story.

Thanks
    While it does admittedly teeter on a biased opinion, it came across to me more as somebody who is concerned that a popular figure in the sport, who has felt victimized & bullied has been cross examined in such a manner in her attempt to prove it in open court, with the eyes of the media on it. And empathizing with her for that.

There's a big difference between feeling empathy for her and "being on her side".

As Ryan Moore said in the Tylicki Vs Gibbons case, this is another "lose, lose" situation for both parties unfortunately.

By the way, good to know Ryan Moore is no different under cross examination as he is in front of ITV racing cameras; "This whole thing has been tiresome and boring and sad," he said...
    Last edited by wilsonl; 2nd December 2021 at 11:04 AM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."