Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Noted in running

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Running tomorrow:

Grand Scheme 2:30 Bath
    Chil Chil 4:05 Bath - disappointing last time, but ground should be better.
    Grand Scheme was rated 5lb worse than the easy winner and couldn’t lay a glove on him. Beat the rest by miles though.
    Chil Chil was a moderate 3rd and showed none of the verve that got him noted.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Obtuse 16/1 early price and Blue Hero 15/2 both run in the 2:30 at Yarmouth tomorrow. Watching brief only.
    Last edited by barjon; 14th September 2020 at 6:52 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Obtuse 16/1 early price and Blue Hero 15/2 both run in the 2:30 at Yarmouth tomorrow. Watching brief only.
    Showed nothing, discard

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    MILITARY MISSION

Sandown 16 September 2020
    British Stallion Studs EBF Novice Stakes (Plus 10 Race)
    1m, Class 4, £5,175.20
    Going: Good

Lost a lot of ground at the start when he was carried sharply left then taken very sharply to the right and the rails to last place. Raced in rear but took a better position at three furlongs out. He had nowhere to go until two furlongs out when he began to move through the field. Ridden harder a furlong out he ran on well to take second, although he had no chance with the comfortable winner. At 33/1 it seems nothing was expected so probably needs a further look .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Crystal Pegasus runs Yarmouth 2:40 tomorrow. 2/1 early price. One of my tracker horses but I won’t want to see it drift.
    Last edited by barjon; 16th September 2020 at 8:40 PM. Reason: Damn spellchecker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mcgivern is a filly who ran encouragingly on debut at 125/1.
    She has been entered numerous times since without running, nr again tomorrow but has an entry Newmarket Saturday .
    May be a pipe dream of mine but thought I'd share anyhow.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to edgt For This Useful Post:

barjon (16th September 2020)

Thanks
    MILITARY MISSION

Sandown 16 September 2020
    British Stallion Studs EBF Novice Stakes (Plus 10 Race)
    1m, Class 4, £5,175.20

Lost a lot of ground at the start when he was carried sharply left then taken very sharply to the right and the rails to last place. Raced in rear but took a better position at three furlongs out. He had nowhere to go until two furlongs out when he began to move through the field. Ridden harder a furlong out he ran on well to take second, although he had no chance with the comfortable winner. At 33/1 it seems nothing was expected so probably needs a further look .
    Agree with that but don't you think the winner ran a very promising race. Was one of the first to come under pressure but readily asserted himself after the 2f pole without Moore getting serious. If Just Fine could find a change of gear in future races he could be useful.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleanora Duse View Post
    Agree with that but don't you think the winner ran a very promising race. Was one of the first to come under pressure but readily asserted himself after the 2f pole without Moore getting serious. If Just Fine could find a change of gear in future races he could be useful.
    Yes, he was a very comfortable winner who can go further.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    crystal pegasus runs yarmouth 2:40 tomorrow. 2/1 early price. One of my tracker horses but i won’t want to see it drift.
    won 11/8

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    ZIM BABY

Pontefract 17 September 2020
    British EBF Premier Fillies' Handicap
    6f, Class 2, £18,675

I doubt that Mr Appleby was overpleased with Master Ladd after the race. How a horse can get into so much trouble in a field of six runners is a bit of a mystery. Slightly slowly away ZIM BABY raced in last place and started moving forward with what looked like a full tank with just over two furlongs left only to be checked to avoid running into the heels of Gale Force Maya. Then, with little more than one furlong left he had to be snatched up, losing momentum and dropping back to last. Got going again, now some six or seven lengths adrift and finished impressively closing all the time to go down by less than two lengths with the rest four lengths away. He hasn’t been setting the world on fire, nor was he particularly well supported here, but he would have surely made a strong winning bid had he avoided the trouble.
    Last edited by barjon; 17th September 2020 at 5:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    ZIM BABY

Pontefract 17 September 2020
    British EBF Premier Fillies' Handicap
    6f, Class 2, £18,675

I doubt that Mr Appleby was overpleased with Master Ladd after the race. How a horse can get into so much trouble in a field of six runners is a bit of a mystery. Slightly slowly away ZIM BABY raced in last place and started moving forward with what looked like a full tank with just over two furlongs left only to be checked to avoid running into the heels of Gale Force Maya. Then, with little more than one furlong left he had to be snatched up, losing momentum and dropping back to last. Got going again, now some six or seven lengths adrift and finished impressively closing all the time to go down by less than two lengths with the rest four lengths away. He hasn’t been setting the world on fire, nor was he particularly well supported here, but he would have surely made a strong winning bid had he avoided the trouble.
    Could the trouble have been deliberately found? I haven't seen it myself but I'm often suspicious that bad luck in running is part of the plan for another target.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maybe putting up Master Ladd in the first place For the first check he maybe thought he’d be able to follow the favourite through, but it didn’t move at that stage. For the second snatching up two horse came together and shut the door right in his face. If he was not trying he could be excused for coasting in at that stage, but he did get quite vigorous with Zim Baby albeit not excessively so. More a question of poor judgement (for the first check) and misfortune (for the second) maybe.
    Last edited by barjon; 17th September 2020 at 7:17 PM.

Thanks
    I had a look. Maybe just an inexperienced ride rather than suspicious.

I don't want to be too hard on the young man. After all, I once saw Geoff Lewis get himself boxed in during a two-horse race at Newmarket!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I had a look. Maybe just an inexperienced ride rather than suspicious.

I don't want to be too hard on the young man. After all, I once saw Geoff Lewis get himself boxed in during a two-horse race at Newmarket!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

prince regent (19th September 2020)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Post #21 and #37 Rhythm runs tomorrow Newbury 3:05 early price 9/2 another try at Class 3 after 80/1 failure at that level last time.
    Post #28 Last Empire runs tomorrow Ayr 3:20 early price 7/4

Watch the market

Rhythm is out of her class I think - a remote sixth.
    Last Empire ran well to second (I’m getting a bit fed up with second at the moment!)
    Last edited by barjon; 18th September 2020 at 4:50 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Post #24 MITHRAS runs tomorrow 1:05 Newbury. Early price 4/6

Thanks
    Post #24 MITHRAS runs tomorrow 1:05 Newbury. Early price 4/6
    I'll get a tracker alert through about this tonight. It's one of my project horses. From that race Latest Generation and Maximal have already come out and won but One Ruler was below form the other day. I haven't looked at tomorrow's race yet but would imagine it's Mithras's for the taking.

Thanks
    Decided the 4/6 was worth taking as I can see it going off at 2/5. Gosden has something like three winners from four runners in the race in the last ten years and its last race is working out really well.

My bet is on the heavy side but if it wins like Maximal last week even 2/5 will look generous.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Decided the 4/6 was worth taking as I can see it going off at 2/5. Gosden has something like three winners from four runners in the race in the last ten years and its last race is working out really well.

My bet is on the heavy side but if it wins like Maximal last week even 2/5 will look generous.
    Snap

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, he beat everything bar the 125/1, 33/1 and 50/1 shots . No excuses, one of the first to come under pressure and showed very little. I’m thinking seriously of packing in the flat for now and concentrating on the jumps and the upcoming season. Jumpers are certainly saving me from the poor house atm. So many of the flat horses seem to have gone over the top and running nowhere near their earlier form although it might just be that my judgement has gone seriously awry. The latter is probably the odds on shot!