23 58.97%
  • Leave

16 41.03%
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Brexit - Two Years After

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Meanwhile, according to the numbers, our poll is looking like 70 percent remain, 30 percent leave. Time being the great healer that it is...and hindsight, being the devil's advocate it always was...
    Last edited by Marb; 4th July 2018 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks
    Just read that the new series of Peaky Blinders will be covering the rise of fascism in the 1930's. Wonder how many leave voters will recognise the parallels with what's happening now.

Thanks
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44532288

Covers some of the points raised.
    The older I get the better I was.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    Just read that the new series of Peaky Blinders will be covering the rise of fascism in the 1930's. Wonder how many leave voters will recognise the parallels with what's happening now.
    get over it... you lost the vote ... and rightly so .... shut the borders and deport all fake Refugees especially the lorry loads pretending to be children who looked over 30 ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ozgood View Post
    get over it... you lost the vote ... and rightly so .... shut the borders and deport all fake Refugees especially the lorry loads pretending to be children who looked over 30 ...
    Lol that's the level of intellect we're dealing with.....democracy me hole!!

Banned
    Thanks
    How many marches would there have been, if remainers would have won... NONE ...racist BBC still seething.. vile anti english corporation.

Thanks
    How many marches would there have been, if remainers would have won... NONE ...racist BBC still seething.. vile anti english corporation.
    So, can you explain to me in what way Brexit is going to benefit me? Eg where are the new trade deals that Fox was going to arrange straight after the referendum? What is your solution to the Irish Border problem? How are you going to feel when our trade with India will probably result in some sort of free movement from that country....Brexit means Brexit and 'you lost, get over it' doesn't really mean anything, does it? I really want to hear the other side of the argument, so I await your answer with interest.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Details, details......!
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Banned
    Thanks
    I dont care how it benefits you ...whoever you vote for Government wins

Thanks
    Marble?

Fair comment or racist rant?
    Last edited by archie; 4th July 2018 at 6:43 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to archie For This Useful Post:

Marb (4th July 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It's not fair comment, Archie, its typical Ozgood, but it is democracy and aslong as he isn't breaking any laws or inciting violence he is free to say it. I worry you Irish are becoming more politically correct than the Germans sometimes! He does sound like a White indigenous Londoner who voted leave. I'd urge him to go on holiday more! Maybe Eastern Europe or North Africa?
    Last edited by Marb; 4th July 2018 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks
    Believe me the comments on gransnet are even worse [ a group of us have left as we're tired of the same old comments!]. Which is a pity as most people that I campaign with are pensioners, because we're the only ones that have the time to do anything; our children are too busy working hard and trying to hang on to their jobs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    It's not fair comment, Archie, its typical Ozgood, but it is democracy and aslong as he isn't breaking any laws or inciting violence he is free to say it. I worry you Irish are becoming more politically correct than the Germans sometimes!
    You didn't answer the racist rant part.

I am, by the way, an Englishman with a Scottish grandfather and currently resident in Wales.

Banned
    Thanks
    Try going to East London .. to see how great multicultulism is... some boroughs are now 20;30 % white English and soon to be under 10% when the oldies die.... you people who live in quite towns and villages away from inner citys dont see how the country is going..... Tory and Labour Govts have destroyed parts of the country with endless immigration. Im away from the cesspit for a few days to the country to compare the stress levels .... bye

Thanks
    Try going to East London .. to see how great multicultulism is... some boroughs are now 20;30 % white English and soon to be under 10% when the oldies die.... you people who live in quite towns and villages away from inner citys dont see how the country is going..... Tory and Labour Govts have destroyed parts of the country with endless immigration. Im away from the cesspit for a few days to the country to compare the stress levels .... bye
    What parts of the EU are these immigrants from?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beef or Salmon For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (7th July 2018), moehat (5th July 2018), simmo (5th July 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Try going to East London .. to see how great multicultulism is... some boroughs are now 20;30 % white English and soon to be under 10% when the oldies die.... you people who live in quite towns and villages away from inner citys dont see how the country is going.....
    You see Archie, is this racism or Ozgood expressing a strong opinion that you and others simply don't want to hear?
    Last edited by Marb; 5th July 2018 at 1:51 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    You see Archie, is this racism or Ozgood expressing a strong opinion that you and others simply don't want to hear?
    What it appears to be is false news:
    https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/e...groups-borough

As far as I can see, the only boroughs with below 40% ethnic white population are Newham (34%) and Brent (36%).
    Last edited by archie; 5th July 2018 at 2:24 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    What it appears to be is false news:
    https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/e...groups-borough
    This made me lol.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Drone
    Nothing that he believed in from Slavs being inferior to his Hatred of the Jews or his desire for Germany to be reunited were his own ideas he plagiarised other peoples writings and made out they were his own
    Pinnacle Chauffeur Transport
    www.yourchauffeur.co.uk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by prince regent View Post
    Drone
    Nothing that he believed in from Slavs being inferior to his Hatred of the Jews or his desire for Germany to be reunited were his own ideas he plagiarised other peoples writings and made out they were his own
    Indeed; age-old ingrained prejudices tend to linger and fester, and are repeatedly resurrected in 'new' but only subtly different guises. Hitler just one of many - before him and since - to exhume evil words and deeds, and then evangelize them