Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Fancy A Share In A Jumper With Hen And Terry?

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    I've put this up just in case anyone is thinking of taking an interest in a horse over fences. Hen and Terry picked one out in Ireland and have brought him over (he arrived today).

Bally Conn is a 4-y-o brown gelding by Supreme Leader out of Gladtogetit (Green Shoon). He is 16.1 hands and they think that he is very promising. He had an excellent introduction to the game in points in Northern Ireland, being placed second and third in two 4-y-o points before winning a 4 and 5-y-o maiden at Necarne on 5th May. Due to an error in the entry forms he was forced to carry 12st in the race, so as the only 4-y-o he carried the same weihgt as the eight 5-y-os who opposed him. My WFA scale doesn't envisage 3 mile chases as early as May but for chases in July and August 4-y-o's should get 12lb from 5-y-o's. On the soft ground at Necarne that day it's no surprise that he won in a slow time.

Supreme Leader needs no introduction and his dam, Gladtogetit, who was trained by David Gandolfo, won a bumper and three chases before breeding three good individual winners under rules.

Hen says that he is highly regarded and shows a particularly good attitude. He is an athletic individual with correct conformation and is a lovely mover. She goes on to say that he looks an exciting prospect and will be ready to run in hurdles in October or November.

The horse is being syndicated into twenty shares at £3,000 per share plus £1,000 a year to cover all expenses. The syndicate will be run from the yard at West Lockinge.

The horse won't be advertised generally as Hen always likes to give the opportunity to take part to people who have had some previous connection to the yard and to their contacts.

I have taken an interest in him and if anyone fancies a share send me a PM and I'll make the necessary introductions.

Thanks
    Would I get a ' run ' for my money?
    May the horse be with you.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    At least one a year...

Thanks
    Better luck with this one, Brian. You are nothing if not loyal.
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Well, having won a championship race at the Cheltenham Festival helps promote loyalty...

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Actually, forget Noelie. The last Supreme Leader we had with Hen was Supreme Lady, who was a very decent horse, Wishing William won his fair share of handicaps, Lucky Bay won in good class though his fortune didn't always live up to his name, I think that Serious Danger still holds the 2m 2f course record at Exeter - all in all I've not been an unlucky owner with Hen. I'd say that I've had more success with her than with anyone else. And that's not even considering the statistic that syas something like 85% of owners never have a winner.

And at least she didn't ever turn down on my behalf a horse that went on to win a listed race, a Group 2, a Group 3, three Group 1s and two classics!!!

Thanks
    I just don't see the attraction in being an owner...

(sorry!)

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    There's that forbidden word again!

Thanks
    The WISHING WILLIAM listed as belonging to Robert Waley-Cohen, which had 11 runs only between March 1997 and May 1999? I can't find another. :brows: Yes, SUPREME LADY ran well at the start of her career in 1995 through to early 1998, then seems to have lost the plot a bit, finishing in May 1999. Did something go wrong with her following her Fs? Of course, we all know that LORD NOELIE was a star, but I think that after the disappointing run of horses since him, you are due a change of fortune. As I say, you are nothing if not loyal - as in, to keeping trying.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Unfortunately for my bank manager I keep trying with trianers all over the place.

When Wishing William retired in May 1999 after twice breaking a blood vessel on the course we wanted to find a good retirement home (as we always do). Mr Whaley-Cohen bought him for his son Sam to ride in point-to-points. He won at least one point but sadly, I think it was in 2001, he got an infection from a cut which led to him being put down. He was a lovely little horse.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Four forum members have bought into Bally Conn and went along with other partners to see him jump around the loose school yesterday. He did it well.

If anyone is interested there are still a couple of shares left in the horse. It's a genuine partnership in which each member owns one twentieth of the horse. The partnership is administered by one of the members so there are no management costs. Any surplus of income over expenditure goes back to members. Bally Conn was bought from William Dennison after he won his point for £70.5k including VAT. The VAT is recoverable, making the net cost £60k, so there is no padding on the purchase price.

I think that this is a horse who is going to give his owners a lot of fun. Should you be interested in one of the remaining shares drop me a PM.

Thanks
    Although I am interested, I think I would have the shortest marriage in the history of the forum if I even mentioned it to the boss.
    Welsh and Proud.

Kathy
    Well done Brian for organising. I hope the partnership has a lot of fun with Bally Conn and that they are all in the Winners Enclosure before the end of the NH season! B)

Enjoy!

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Thanks for your good wishes, though I'm not the organiser of this one. I just mentioned it on here to see whether anyone was interested.

Thanks
    Good Luck with Bally Conn will definitely be looking out for him on the track.
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Kathy
    Sorry, I meant, well done for bringing it to the attention of the forum Brian, anwering PM's etc - in a sort of organising way!

Thanks
    Best of luck to those involved.

Thanks
    Good luck, boys and girls. Look forward to seeing the horsey in due course.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Although I am interested, I think I would have the shortest marriage in the history of the forum if I even mentioned it to the boss.

Bar - you need to get home, you are going soft. Why the fcuk would you tell the boss? I bought a share once and the first she heard was when I asked her to come in to the parade ring at Fairyhouse. Once she saw him I knew she'd think it was a good idea.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Our finances (unfortunately) are not in good enough shape for a £3,000 hole to appear in it undetected. As soon as our wealth increases, so will my duplicity.
    Welsh and Proud.